• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water on top of Plugs

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only thread I could find in searching was from 2014.

It is common for water to get on top of the clean out plugs on the newer twist lock style plugs/hull?. I've had both tubes anywhere from a couple inches to completely full each time I've been out. The kids are tubing and swimming - so lots of people climbing on and off the back of the boat.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well that's where the water is coming from, people getting in and out and sometimes the deck can get washed over when stopping quick. We will also get a lot of water coming out the drain plug when we pull it as the overflow from that area goes in to the bilge.

RBC3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have one that is filling up too high in my opinion. Any clue to why? Everything is locked, and have the cobra locks.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Both of mine are always full after a day on the water. It is mostly from people climbing in the boat wet. The clean out hatch lid does not seal very well and the water just collects there. But the overflow drain that is inside that hatch shouldn't drain into the bilge, it should have a hose attached and drain out under the swim deck.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
its fine. all good

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wait until you setup your boat for surfing... water intrusion is just part of the Yamaha brand, IMHO.

RBC3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I installed a new Rule 800 today to replace the old stock bilge. Everything drained very well, and the boat ran awesome!! I was only on the water for 45 mins maybe, and I was running full speed. When I docked both of the plugs were close to full of water. Engine compartment was dry, thanks to the new bilge. Thoughts? Should I be worried?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I installed a new Rule 800 today to replace the old stock bilge. Everything drained very well, and the boat ran awesome!! I was only on the water for 45 mins maybe, and I was running full speed. When I docked both of the plugs were close to full of water. Engine compartment was dry, thanks to the new bilge. Thoughts? Should I be worried?
If your wake hit the stern after you came off plane then it’ll fill em up easily. Mine always have water in them.

If you had water rushing out under the hatch with your engines running then it’d be something to worry about.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is normal for plugs to fill with water to the top as water washes over the hatch., If your engine compartment is dry, you should be GTG!

RBC3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks!! I usually haven't seen that much water, so I wanted to make sure.