• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water on top of the clean out plugs?

Cant argue with that test.

This has been discussed many times. I have no doubt that people drip water onto the deck, or that water can come up onto the platform as you bring the boat to a stop. But those aren't the only sources of water in the clean out tubes.

On our SX210 the swim platform isn't as close to the water as some of the newer models. Also the second level of the swim deck is high. Water rarely comes up onto that second level on our boat. Also there is a drain system around the clean out hatch which may or may not be effective.

I have actually taken the boat out alone, driven a few miles, come to a stop while observing the following wave that didn't come up onto the swim platform, and there was water on top of the clean out plugs. I'm convinced that water somehow finds its way past the plug gasket, as unlikely as that seems.

I find water on top of the plugs 95% of the time.

I also drain 1 to 2 gallons of water out of the transom drain plug after almost every ride. I believe the source of this water also comes from the clean out tubes which overflow into the bilge.

I've had the boat for almost 5 years and no longer am concerned about these things. I pull the plugs which dumps the water, and I remove the drain plug to let the water out of the bilge. I leave the plugs in the tubes but turned 90 degrees so they can dry out. I reinstall the transom plug right away so it isn't forgotten on the next boating day.
Old post but I agree and well said

Back