• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Waveboat?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought someone tried this in the jetski world a while back and it didn't fair well.

the early pwc's used to have those, normally a little smaller, not very popular obviously, I see one pop up on craigslist every few years,

Reminds me of dock-a-jet or whatever they were called in the 2000’s.

Here are some other info on them. Like @Scottintexas mentioned these were kind off niche.

I always thought the concept of the jetskis docking into a hull seemed like the coolest idea. Either it sucked, or I was the only one who thought it was neat, lol.

I‘d rather have a standup jetski attached to a swim deck than have a PWC attached to a hull. Seems if you want a boat to haul gear and people then get a boat ....but for times you want to mess around on a toy what better fun (and a work out) than on a standup ski? At least that is how I would do it if wanting to have both. Today’s PWC’s don’t really interest me because of how big they are but I’d love to have a new SJ to play on!

Well..... I would like to get a jetski to use for some super shallow flats fishing and other things, but would like to have my boat along as well. For gear and additional people and such. It looked like a cool idea. Not sure it is the right thing but sparked my curiosity.

Wonder if there is a way to attach it to an existing Yamaha boat so you could bring one along. I noticed the VX as an example weighs only 710 lbs. Perhaps a towing mechanizm that part of it would lock onto the swim deck and the rest would be in the water between the two jets. Perhaps slave it so that it can add to the propulsion a bit to offset the weight.

Not to get off topic, BUT, if someone made a floating trailer for a boat that was light and folded up into the bed of a truck, that would be cool. Something you could haul out to the sandbar, leave there while you go do watersports, and come back to. Maybe it holds coolers, a sun shade, and includes some seating... hmmm

Not to get off topic, BUT, if someone made a floating trailer for a boat that was light and folded up into the bed of a truck, that would be cool. Something you could haul out to the sandbar, leave there while you go do watersports, and come back to. Maybe it holds coolers, a sun shade, and includes some seating... hmmm

That would be awesome.... Just a trailer that you could put in the bed of the truck for space concerns, means you could launch and go park just about anywhere.

@HangOutdoors Wave boat sounds great, but I am not sure it will be useful for anything that a very calm lake. I cannot imagine an infamous inlet in Miami.

As per towing and docking a ski on Yamaha boat, I have thought a lot about as I have 2015 V1 & a 240. The cost does not justify the trouble or the expense. Even if you were to somehow load it on the swim planform ( which you could with a rack) you will be putting 50%+ of your payload on back of the boat and getting on plane will probably be impossible if not dangerous in an rough water. This not to mention that you will end up blocking access to your clean out ports. If you were to put the rack high enough to have clearance your center of gravity will be to high with all the associated negative consequences.

Towing it behind a boat is physible though a bit on the unstable side. The main issue I will have with this is you are on anything than a non woke setting and you have to some to sudden stop. Your boat will stop when you throw it in reverse. However the ski being much lighter will continue due to momentum.....

@Betik good points I was thinking about some them. I guess the day that I am wealthy enough to get a yacht, I could have my yamaha be a tender and throw a couple of jet ski's on there as well with crane's :)

I think fundamentally it is a matter of how far you are exceeding the design parameters. If you have a jet ski, it is designed to propel its weight and person capacity. If you put 3x that weight around it, you cannot expect the same performance. Similarly with handling, etc. I would fear that (as neat as it sounds), doubling the width of a jet ski, extending its length by 50% and tripling its weight would make you unhappy with the result in several areas.

Not dissimilar with the 'haul the ski on the boat' idea, but not as far out of the design parameters, so probably more doable (but I do not doubt @Betik a bit here). There was a fitting someone made once that went over the walk-through and held a ski. No idea how you would get it up on there while out on the water...

But I think @robby76 has it all wrong. We need to make a pontoon where the deck jacks way up off the pontoons, the ski drives in, and is then lifted by slings as the deck lowers. Much simpler. :)

I’ve never seen a wave boat but have seen ribs with enclosed cabins powered by a single waverunner the hull is similar to what’s in the first Pic and video. it was advertised as a rescue boat for about $70k with PWC. A buddy of mine owns or owned a windjet Hull powered by two 255 hp Seadoos similar to what is in the second Pic and video. Windjet went out of business a few years ago, when they were in business the hulls were expensive ($20k plus). They tried to offer a hull with its own engine to supplement those of the watercraft but I don’t think one was ever built plus they wanted Around $60k for the hull alone. I think the first variants were from shuttle craft, third pic below there are a few videos of it on you tube.

8A3D224D-76A4-4569-9DB7-3F59B86712AB.png
33E2995B-7820-45A3-AF1D-234BBB3290A3.png

Attachments

• 5160ECE3-CBC2-4149-90C8-C075353C8550.png
    5160ECE3-CBC2-4149-90C8-C075353C8550.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I owned a Shuttlecraft Jetsport for years. Best bachelor boat you could ever imagine! Best of both worlds. I could haul out a cooler of drinks and four honeys to the sandbar with tunes, and back the GP1200r Waverunner out once there and cover the hole with a sundeck.

Mine was a very rare Yellow with purple/yellow seats. We called it the Big Yellow Chick Magnet, but it ended up being a Big Yellow D%$# Magnet, as every dude on the sandbar had to come over and get the full story of it.

I will dig up some pics and video. With over 60,000 views on this video below on my channel, it obviously got a bit of interest.

Last edited:
That would be awesome.... Just a trailer that you could put in the bed of the truck for space concerns, means you could launch and go park just about anywhere.

I was actually wanting a trailer for behind my boat on the water! Something that you could store in the back of the truck, then unfold and drag out to the sandbar at 50mph.

The jet ski-boat idea seems meh to me.. Id rather pay that price for a slightly used Jet boat AND a ski. BUT, looking on their website and seeing images of their "hull/deck", i cant stop myself from thinking how awesome that would be at the end of a dock! a comfy and sleek looking sun lounge. Probably a little impractical though LOL

I was actually wanting a trailer for behind my boat on the water! Something that you could store in the back of the truck, then unfold and drag out to the sandbar at 50mph.

Just leave the trailer attached to the boat....

Just leave the trailer attached to the boat....

LOL I've seen that before - someone commented that this is the way this guy takes his trailer out to his island or something. It hurts my OCD to think about the bearings, but whatever.

Back