• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Waveboat?

Not to get off topic, BUT, if someone made a floating trailer for a boat that was light and folded up into the bed of a truck, that would be cool. Something you could haul out to the sandbar, leave there while you go do watersports, and come back to. Maybe it holds coolers, a sun shade, and includes some seating... hmmm
Something like this:

I could see making it bigger, and have 4 legs attached and some seats like they have on the 275s.....go to the sandbar....drop the trailer, lower the legs and seats...and voila...swim up bar delivered!

I could see making it bigger, and have 4 legs attached and some seats like they have on the 275s.....go to the sandbar....drop the trailer, lower the legs and seats...and voila...swim up bar delivered!

We have SeaLegs on the Tritoon. It is just that, we roll up to the sandbar, drop the four legs and it's a stable party platform. Very nice to have both options on the sandbar. And that's why the Shuttlecraft did make sense early on. We had to trailer to each lake, and you can only tow one without a crazy multi-bunk trailer.

I would be very hesitant to tow anything behind a ski ( or jetboat ) that is not resting on the swim platform. Towing in the water inherently unstable and very risky business for any reasonable speed or roughish conditions.

there is a reason why rescue skis have planforms attached on ( above) the swim planform.

something like this

This is how it is done. I believe those are dual crane arms/lifts on each side.

1606879253475.png

@haknslash c'mon, that is ridiculous....

It astounds me how much loose cash some have to throw at these over the top watercraft, etc. And I am trying to determine if another 15-20k or so is in budget to go up to a 25'footer. LMAO

@haknslash c'mon, that is ridiculous....

It astounds me how much loose cash some have to throw at these over the top watercraft, etc. And I am trying to determine if another 15-20k or so is in budget to go up to a 25'footer. LMAO

Just listen you your inner Robin Leach voice and go for it :D

That would be funny.... Although they could just pay someone to come take the tower off everytime before they come in.

If we are going all out....this concept is totally far out there! LOL

1606927108134.png
1606927131121.png

If you don't have 2 helipads you aren't doing something right? LOL

@Julian Did they actually produce that boat or is it just a mock up?

LOL I've seen that before - someone commented that this is the way this guy takes his trailer out to his island or something. It hurts my OCD to think about the bearings, but whatever.
if thats how he got his trailer to the island, I can't wait to see how he got his tow vehicle there..

Hey guys , I just got a seavler 525 and a Kawasaki 310 ultra to boot in.
For my uses and location, made perfect sense, got the boat second hand but in good shape with all the bells and stupid fixed tables ??. Got two girls and kids all the time differing in numbers, adults , island hoping . Beach front use with big tide difference. I thought that it would be cool to have a heavy stick on boat to do more at the worst. After a couple of uses . It’s very well built and the mechanism is surprisingly easy and fast. Ordered a Kawasaki adapter to replace the seadoo one it came with . Simple and effective .. the ride is seamless and it feels like a boat . It doesn’t slow down as much as I thought . The fastening mechanism isn’t even req. as gravity keep the jet it. It handle like the boat , a stable boat . Reminds me of the searayder F-16 I had yet bigger and a better layout. Added a solar panel, battery , lights and speakers on it. It’s a fun island , with the jet ski out , a little protected well for going into water , nice side perk. The Bimini is nice too, sturdy and aerodynamic . It is not the best jet boat but it also does what a yacht can . Hard to explain but it was much better than I expected . .. it’s not perfect and has flaws but it does what it promises 2 in 1 or 1 without 2 or 2 1 .. functionalities me uses .. the 626 might be a dry experience as the jet goes in all the way.. the 525 is a keep everything important waterproofed and be ready for spill .. a bit .. the jet ski is out a bit but it acts as a platform to ride on the boat ..hope it helps … I’ll get some better cool videos and pics next time am out. Here’s what I had on hand . Verdict after 8 weeks of use .. is a good boat and trailer ..

Attachments

• 4F809637-127A-40DD-AFF6-95B202D191C3.jpeg
    4F809637-127A-40DD-AFF6-95B202D191C3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Interesting concept. How would get it on a trailer?

Interesting concept. How would get it on a trailer?

if it's anything like my old shuttlecraft, it has a 4-bunk trailer that supports the boat and PWC while docked together. You just drive it on like any other boat and it's fully supported.

My shuttlecraft was a hoot. It had it's limitations, but what a unique vehicle. I'm sure they perform much better with the big four strokes now with more low end grunt. I would strongly reconsider a different pitch impeller to get even more, as you are pushing so much more weight than it was pitched for from the factory.

yup .. 4 bunk trailer and Both fit on , you may use the jet only and leave the boat on or get them both off.

about 50 cm hangs out .. its supported well but I am still weary trailering them both ... looks unbalanced but it isn't ..

I tend to keep each on its own trailer after the weekend use for storage. its better to cover them both . when they are together its a headache and damn near impossible to cover . and with the dust here ,,, its vital.

it shaved 5-7 off top speed only vs the jet ski alone . not bad at all . looked in the impeller .. but ist basically does what I need and more. satisfied with both operations .. the b+j and jet alone.

the Kawasaki ultra 310 is a four stroke monster. I keep the kids key ( beginner key limits acceleration and rpm ) on and still it pushes the boat well. I skimped on buying a new seavler but didn't on the jet ski that will push . good choice I don't regret . honestly the msrp for both is kinda a high investment vs boats or jet boats. but the functionality is cool . Guess I was lucky enough to get it lower than a jet boat price .

a head turner for its rarity I guess. is it a boat , is it a jet .. no its that guy with the cool boatt that has solar power and on board jet ski on a 17 ft boat hahahaha ..

if it's anything like my old shuttlecraft, it has a 4-bunk trailer that supports the boat and PWC while docked together. You just drive it on like any other boat and it's fully supported.

My shuttlecraft was a hoot. It had it's limitations, but what a unique vehicle. I'm sure they perform much better with the big four strokes now with more low end grunt. I would strongly reconsider a different pitch impeller to get even more, as you are pushing so much more weight than it was pitched for from the factory.

Last edited:
I always thought the concept of the jetskis docking into a hull seemed like the coolest idea. Either it sucked, or I was the only one who thought it was neat, lol.
honestly its much more expensive to get a combo rather than a full fledged jet boat ... it doesn't make a lot of sense for many to pay more for less I guess. ( at msrp )( assuming well designed and built, with a strong enough jet ski ).

Back