• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wear ring/impeller bomb proof set up?

Nate907

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I live in southeast alaska and have a jet stream that i get pretty gnarly with in 1-3 inches of water and debris of every kind. What would be a dead nutts solid option for a wear ring and impeller so im not blowing either of those out so often? Heard maybe a UHMW wear ring and stainless impeller or aluminum wear ring and stainless impeller. Any info will help thanks!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live in southeast alaska and have a jet stream that i get pretty gnarly with in 1-3 inches of water and debris of every kind. What would be a dead nutts solid option for a wear ring and impeller so im not blowing either of those out so often? Heard maybe a UHMW wear ring and stainless impeller or aluminum wear ring and stainless impeller. Any info will help thanks!
Nate

There probably will not be a lot of people here that could help you with that. Most of the members here have leisure lake boats. You have a river boat from the sounds of it. Have you checked out River Jet Boating Forum • Index page (meanchicken.net) ?

Nate907

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't think a Yamaha would be a good tool to use in that environment. Have you seen others with Yamaha's?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The nylon wear rings will minimize damage to the impeller and are inexpensive to change once you get the housing.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC
I have the precision marine wear ring on my boat. 2010 AR240
Do you know where to purchase replacement wear rings from?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you are referring to the nylon rings I would say you need to go to whom ever produced the housing if you swap out the ring and it is not an exact match you will probably have issues so check with the company that made the housing. I buy my housings from a local company and I usually get a couple extra rings so if I do need to replace them I don't have to wait for one. I