• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Weekend boating plan

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are on three day weekend so it starts today. Start with morning hull clean and fuel up then its all unnecessary and purposely fuel burning for three days!

Who's heading out?

@latitudeadjuster , headed out for a neighborhood boating day. We will have 2 boats including mine and there will be 5 families, 16 people in total. We are headed to a lake 45 min. away and there is a beach where we can set up camp while we take turns with the tubing, rope swing visits, etc.

The boat is in the driveway and I think I am going to put in some fresh spark plugs. It is all washed, bimini attached, battery charged/checked, and ready to go. It should be 80+ here and the lake will be pretty empty

Have a great one

Headed to Texoma at 0dark30 Saturday morning to hang out with a bunch of other jetboaters for our 2nd gathering of 2014. The batteries are charged and the boat is spotless. Checked the bearing buddies on the trailer last night and will be checking air pressure tonight. I'm ready now, but work is in the way. Can't wait!

You guys are making me jealous. I may wrench on a ski in the garage this weekend but that is as close as I will get to boating.

Second gathering in a season! I'd be happy to have had just one in the past two years. No one has been able to get a few of us together here on the west coast and it's not likely to happen in the time left remaining this season.

Last edited:
With good friends, a 2nd gathering is just a must!

I'm crossing my fingers that the weather holds for me on Sun. to get out. I need to get some surfing in before next weekend when I have some time scheduled behind my neighbor's Centurion.

I missed my chance last weekend with things to do and weather issues last weekend. I haven't been able to stop thinking about when I will get out next! Ugh...

@RightStuff with the time behind the Centurion, does that mean you will be leaving Yamaha ownership soon??? :wideyed:

... and the boat is spotless..
Was it necessary to say that?!?!? LOL :D With YOUR boat @PEARCE "spotless" is an eternal condition. :winkingthumbsup"

I loaded everything last night, all hitched up and ready to roll. Looks like a be-ee-ay-yutiful day. Just waiting for work to end. I'm gonna work through lunch so I can leave work early and get through Dallas before rush hour hits :cool:
image.jpg

We'll be heading out to go wake boarding on Sunday. Sure wish we lived closer to you Texas folk...would love to join y'all this weekend at Texoma..have a drinkie for me!

Looks like rain all weekend and we ha e the Chicago air show! I work it sounds like on Saturday anyways. And here we have bumper stickers that say "local 5; from the guys that brought you the weekend"
What a load of...
Lol i am union and i go out more on week days

Hey @maboat take 205 north to 78 and go around Lavon to 380 in Farmersville. Take 380 to 75 and you'll miss all the crazy Dallas traffic. See you tomorrow.

Not liking PA. 73 degrees today. Most of the nicer days are during the week when I work, and the weekends bring the thunderstorms.

On top of that, I boat on the Allegheny, and the folks at the Kinzua reservoir found it necessary to open the floodgates AGAIN. We lose SO many days by the Army Corps of Engineers micro-managing water flow. This was taken yesterday:

10372132_981934898500464_5064415607.jpg

Man, I really want to move south... When you only have 26 possible boating days (weekend days for 3 months) a year, if it's halfway nice out you feel obligated to go out on the boat just to make ownership "worth it."

@RightStuff with the time behind the Centurion, does that mean you will be leaving Yamaha ownership soon??? :wideyed:

I'm thinking it's not for me so I'm not leaving this family, we do too many other things when boating to go with a boat like that. I'm sure I will enjoy it and in the end I think it might just accelerate the ballast system install on the AR to make filling up easier. :winkingthumbsup"

I'm thinking it's not for me so I'm not leaving this family, we do too many other things when boating to go with a boat like that. I'm sure I will enjoy it and in the end I think it might just accelerate the ballast system install on the AR to make filling up easier. :winkingthumbsup"
Good deal! Family is truly what it seems like around here.

We'll be heading out to go wake boarding on Sunday. Sure wish we lived closer to you Texas folk...would love to join y'all this weekend at Texoma..have a drinkie for me!
Be careful there....you know us Okie folks might get offended with all that Texas talk. :smuggrin:

Not liking PA. 73 degrees today. Most of the nicer days are during the week when I work, and the weekends bring the thunderstorms.

On top of that, I boat on the Allegheny, and the folks at the Kinzua reservoir found it necessary to open the floodgates AGAIN. We lose SO many days by the Army Corps of Engineers micro-managing water flow. This was taken yesterday:

10372132_981934898500464_5064415607.jpg

Man, I really want to move south... When you only have 26 possible boating days (weekend days for 3 months) a year, if it's halfway nice out you feel obligated to go out on the boat just to make ownership "worth it."
Dang!!! That looks crazy. Probably unbelievable for someone from California. Maybe with the extra time, you can further chase down that minute of angle!

It does blow me away that the flooding you are experiencing is man made. It doesn't look like they give a damn about you or property along the river.

They really don't. I'll try to dig up some pics of the pontoon boats that floated loose and the twisted aluminum docks from earlier this year. I had considered buying some riverfront property, but why subject myself to that??

Heading out to the Chicago Air and Water Show. The Blue Angels are the headliner. We go out early to get in the front row stage center on the water. We get the jets breaking over us throughout the show. I love the smell of jet fuel!

Thanks for the reminder to see if the blue angels will be performing at fleet week this year. They didn't last year due to budget cuts.

Back