• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well Finally bought me a boat, and a truck to pull it......

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
What made you go with the F150? I liked them but never even drove one. The prices seemed so much higher for the same equipment. Also didn't want twin turbos.
Here are my reasons.... :)

I liked the look of the Ford best. We currently have an Explorer and like it. Ford didn't take any bailout money. Ford's with GPS have GPS for life....you don't have a monthly On-Star subscription to pay. I have a Ford dealer / service in town and closest GM/Chevy is 30 min. I have read enough good things about the Ecoboost to feel comfortable buying it. Did I mention the looks ;) Not to down anyone who owns or you the original thread starter, but I don't really like the square looking fender wells of the Chevy/GM's.

Tracy Short

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We used to have a 2014 Tundra that we pull our 2016 AR 240 with but talk about eating some gas. Now we have a 2016 Ford 150 with Ecoboost and it get AWESOME gas mileage...towing and not towing our baby!

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea we decided on a 3 year lease as this is our first pickumup truck so if we like it in 3 years we buy it or if it sucks we dump it and get my 1st choice the tundra. So I'm kinda torn, I don't want a truck that gives us a lot of problems but I'd kinda like a new tundra in 3 years
You might want to check out this thread, unless fuel economy means nothing to you... https://jetboaters.net/threads/i-absolutely-love-my-tundra-but.11964/

BTW, nice truck! I almost pulled the trigger on one like that but went with the Tahoe instead.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@subysti the forum members seem to have missed the most amazing part of your tale. Your wife has selected a truck to drive, so you can pull "you boat". My wife won't move my truck out of the driveway.

Congrats on the new boat, the new truck and your wife playing along nicely!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ilmmct well she did have her own motives. Well also pull a large enclosed snowmobile trailer in the winter and it was just too much for the jeep to pull in the mountains on snow covered roads. The sleds are her fun and I'm forced to go so if she wanted to keep snowmobiling we needed the bigger truck for the winter.

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Here are my reasons.... :)

I liked the look of the Ford best. We currently have an Explorer and like it. Ford didn't take any bailout money. Ford's with GPS have GPS for life....you don't have a monthly On-Star subscription to pay. I have a Ford dealer / service in town and closest GM/Chevy is 30 min. I have read enough good things about the Ecoboost to feel comfortable buying it. Did I mention the looks ;) Not to down anyone who owns or you the original thread starter, but I don't really like the square looking fender wells of the Chevy/GM's.
With GM's with nav you dont have to pay a monthly fee. The onstar is separate that gives you nav if the car doesnt come from the factory with it. Not sure if you tow your boat long distances but the TT v6's gas mileage is horrible when towing.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With GM's with nav you dont have to pay a monthly fee. The onstar is separate that gives you nav if the car doesnt come from the factory with it. Not sure if you tow your boat long distances but the TT v6's gas mileage is horrible when towing.
Fuel economy aside, that TT V6 is a beast when it comes to towing. Think the 2nd gen has something like 470 ft lbs of torque! Throw a tune on it and some guys are up to 600 ft lbs. I believe it's rated to tow 12,200 in the right F150 configuration. I love my V8, but will consider the V6 next time around.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The best part about GM's with built in NAV is they come with OnStar Basic for free, which gives you the App for your phone. From the App, you have full Keyfob control (doors, horn, autostart) from anywhere you have Internet access and it is two way. So you know your engine is running.

Best of all is the Map feature. Copy and paste any address and "send to in dash nav" will dump it to the dash from anywhere your phone has Internet access! This even works if your co-pilot is searching for bars, restuarants etc on their phone, they can copy and paste the address while going down the highway and the nav will take you there. Most of the time punching in addresses are disabled while moving at speed. I like to push an address before I even go to the truck. I can do this from home, office, or anywhere. When I start the truck, the dash says "downloading location" and the maps pops up with my destination. I just press go!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Fuel economy aside, that TT V6 is a beast when it comes to towing. Think the 2nd gen has something like 470 ft lbs of torque! Throw a tune on it and some guys are up to 600 ft lbs. I believe it's rated to tow 12,200 in the right F150 configuration. I love my V8, but will consider the V6 next time around.
I'm ditching the V8, I love the sound but it's slow!!! Compared to the Ecoboost that is:)

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah a 6.7 would be nice but I can't justify it. I'm not a fan of all the emission stuff/cold weather issues/also the 6 3/4 box that I would use 2 times a year (by that I have he 5.5 box now and rarely wish it was bigger). I'm toying with the idea of getting a 2018 Expedition in part for the shorter length (also the crew cab trucks are tight with 3 car seats and a dog) and just getting a utility trailer.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went garage boating today and found a fuel leak in the hose connection at the air box. Ugh!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went garage boating today and found a fuel leak in the hose connection at the air box. Ugh!
Pics pleeeese if you have them. Was it a clamp or the hose breaking?

--

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought of a pic but it never happened. It was a loose clamp right at the air box.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah a 6.7 would be nice but I can't justify it. I'm not a fan of all the emission stuff/cold weather issues/also the 6 3/4 box that I would use 2 times a year (by that I have he 5.5 box now and rarely wish it was bigger). I'm toying with the idea of getting a 2018 Expedition in part for the shorter length (also the crew cab trucks are tight with 3 car seats and a dog) and just getting a utility trailer.
I need the box size for work and I pull a 5th wheel camper and enjoy the wheel base for the ride. Not to mention going to the lumbar yard and not having to stack the wood on my tail gate. We have a 2015 explorer with the Eco and we love it also. The nice thing about the 6.7 is I never question the fact "can I pull that".