• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Went to the car lot last night....

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am absolutely in love ! ! ! With the car and my hubby ! ;) He didn't pressure me at all he just made a suggestion and he would have been fine with me buying a Ford Focus. I have a tough time making big purchase decisions so after almost having a panic attack and running out of the dealership I decided to take the Mustang on a long test drive and that was all it took to make the final decision ! ! :thumbsup:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That link did a good job explaining line lock. The track apps are on the car that can measure 0-30, 0-60,0-100, 1/8 mile time and 1/4 mile time. Very neat feature. The 8th and quarter even have a staging tree...lol. the car can also measure skid pad and g force. I probably will not use half of this stuff but still cool. One last feature it has is launch control which is awesome and I will use. You can select an RPM from 3000 to 4500 then hold the gas to the floor and it will not go past that RPM until the clutch is dropped. Kind of like 2 step, it just doesn't sound like it is bouncing off a Rev limiter.

I have been good @buckbuck , just locked the front brakes didn't do a burn out. I also moved my boat out of the garage for the new stang... :(

20141214_162551.jpg

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Uh oh!!! The Yamaha is playing second fiddle!

Reactions: 007

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Only for this year. All of the storage is taken up. We will find an enclosed unit next year.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was shocked he did that too ! Hopefully this will be the only year that the boat sits outside for the winter that makes me nervous !

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sweet ride!!!....congrats!!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice ride @jcyamaharider and @jcyamahariders wife . I had an '87 GT growing up. At the time it was the GT against the IROC, Trans AM & GN. Oh boy, were those some fun times :winkingthumbsup"

I would love to get another one, more than likely it would be a Boss, but can't do it right now.

Good luck and enjoy!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got some good pics.

20141215_160703.jpg 20141215_160641.jpg 20141215_160726.jpg 20141215_160712.jpg

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody know if mustang rental cars will have the line lock feature. To test using rental company tires.

I saw the line lock item in on of the car magazines.
Always wanted to install a mechanical unit on my crappy cars.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would say if it has the track pack, it has line lock. It would say in the options menu on the dash.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This car will eventually see upgraded half shafts, twin turbos, and wider rear rims. But that is a ways off, I have a warranty for a long time. These cars are putting down some insane numbers on the stock motors. Hellion put down 920+ horsepower and 800 ft lb torque to the wheels with their twin kit!!