• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

WetSounds full system upgrade

webbug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did a research 2 years back when I had 2015 242 LS and came with a wish list (see below) however I sold my boat.

Now I'm getting 2018 AR240 and would like to upgrade the whole audio system. I need your expert advice if the wish list still valid and if anything is missing.

1. Wetsounds Rev10's for the tower
2. as-10 wetsounds enclosed subwoofer
3. wetsounds HT6 to power the stock polls 4 speakers (maybe 2 spare if required, if not then i will go with HT4
4. wetsounds HT4 to push the rev10
5. Wetsounds equalizer.

Anything else missing? Also if you can recommend the type of speakers to replace the stock ones.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wetsounds Rev8._1JPG.JPG ws420 9.JPG ws420 5.JPG ws420 8.JPG
I went with Wetsounds last year. Rev 8's, 10" sub, 420 EQ and SD6 amp.
We're happy with the product. Great sound.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just upgraded everything wetsounds last year.

Why go enclosed sub? I went with (two) XS-10FA powered by a single HT-4 amp and it's ridiculous. I have both my rev10's powered by other HT-4. My cabin on yet another HT-4.

I've said this quite a few times but IMHO dump the EQ, yeah it's the cheaper route but it's yet another device. Go with the Fusion ms-UD755. It'll give you zone control, volume limits, bt, fusion link and let you dock your smart phone inside it out of the elements. You'll need to upgrade the control on your swim deck to the NRX300 but so what.... you obviously are upgrading to wetsounds, so don't skimp out on the HU etc.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just upgraded everything wetsounds last year.

Why go enclosed sub? I went with (two) XS-10FA powered by a single HT-4 amp and it's ridiculous. I have both my rev10's powered by other HT-4. My cabin on yet another HT-4.

I've said this quite a few times but IMHO dump the EQ, yeah it's the cheaper route but it's yet another device. Go with the Fusion ms-UD755. It'll give you zone control, volume limits, bt, fusion link and let you dock your smart phone inside it out of the elements. You'll need to upgrade the control on your swim deck to the NRX300 but so what.... you obviously are upgrading to wetsounds, so don't skimp out on the HU etc.
Well, the Connext boats have the HU tethered to the Connext, with all controls going through it, so I'm not sure swapping the HU is an easy option.
Personally, I can not stand having to go through various Connext screens to change volume, or zone, so the WS420 EQ is a great solution, and a blessing for that.

As far as the speakers, I find myself really hooked on those Polk DB561s ! I find them to be, basically, almost impossible to beat on musicality - when they are operated at mid to high volumes.

If one desires a really loud system, those are of course not ideal, and there are certainly better choices. But for listening inside the boat - the DBs are simply fantastic. As long as they are in good enough shape, because they are definitely not the most sturdy marine speakers (albeit inexpensive to replace). They produce nice, and soft-but-strong sound that is far more pleasant than some more expensive speakers which can sound harsh.

--