• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What’s everyone paying for their Tow Boat U.S. (trailer and on water assistance)?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m asking because I just got this year’s renewal notice and I’m only offered two options $165 and $180 (unlimited towing distance). I’m pretty sure that there used to be a third option which was much more limited but also only around $65 per year. I will call during business hours because I’m curious about what I paid last year. I don’t like the new “low” price but I will pay it, so far it’s been worth every penny and I’ve been purchasing the service for over 15 years now.

As part of my Geico Ins, I have the absolute min thru BoatUS which is almost embarrassing; $50 off towing (water or land) but it's only $10 for the year. Being a member has other perks as well.

@Dean P , I forgot to mention I have been a boat u.s. insurance customer for as long as I have been a tow boat u.s. customer and used to have coverage that was limited to something like 25 miles on water and 50 on land for around $65 per year.

I’ve never used the on water service but their trailer service has saved my bacon several times over the years. Maybe my premium is now customized to account for my previous claims (technically their cost to cover such claims). One 30 mile tow home of the boat and trailer on a flat bed was supposed to cost me $400+, I paid exactly $0 before the gave the tow truck driver a tip of $40. This was during a year that I paid $65 or less for the service.

I pay about $70/yr for unlimited water towing and trailer assist, not sure whether it's a fair comparison as I'm sure things like fresh/salt water, boat size, location. etc., probably affect it.

I'm paying a reduced rate (maybe 10-15% off) because I signed up at a boat show. As long as I renew at another (or same) boat show, I'll keep the discount.

Here is a pic of my current bill. Once upon a time as in last year (I think) all three columns were filled out and the first contained the rate below $100.

I will probably end up going with the highest priced package, o may never need it but if I do I will be kicking myself for not spending the incremental $16.
E99C5964-6989-4DCF-844C-A9C5EBF041AD.jpeg

Update:
I just spoke with a boat u.s. rep.
last year I paid $49 for a lower level plan thatis no longer available. The $165 plan gives me up to $2500 in on water towing coverage and 100 miles towing coverage for the boat and trailer as well as flat tire assist for the trailer and tow vehicle. The $181 plan adds visiting to home dock coverage and increase the on water towing limit to $3000.
I don’t have a dock in My backyard so as a trailer boater I’m going with the $165 plan ($159 if I don’t donate $6 for clean water efforts but I like clean water so $165 it is).

Seatow member here, usually $150/yr at the boat show. Unlimited coverage. Probably depends on locale, but I see way more Seatow on the water than BoatUS

Back