• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What am I missing?

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Am I missing anything here on the rudder? Looks like a missing bolt on top? EFE15207-4367-401F-BE28-1061D576F12A.jpeg 2019 AR195. Just noticed this when I pulled her out today.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think that’s where the tie rod from the rudder to nozzle bolts on a twin engine boat.

EDIT: just went out and looked at mine. I was right.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So I have a single engine and didn’t notice any steering issues out on the lake but where can I order the part?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ok you need the original parts that attach the rudder to the nozzle shown in the picture you get those from the dealer

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes if you’re under warranty the dealer should get it sorted for you. No need for you to buy anything if you have warranty.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks all got them from the sports plaza...just have to wait a week but not sure how long it’s been missing seemed ok to control without it but don’t feel good running it without. 160.00 for 3 parts, could go to dealer but they suck and pretty sure it’s a warranty issue as well. Disappointing for a 2019.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Use some blue loctite this go around and should keep it from backing out.

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks all got them from the sports plaza...just have to wait a week but not sure how long it’s been missing seemed ok to control without it but don’t feel good running it without. 160.00 for 3 parts, could go to dealer but they suck and pretty sure it’s a warranty issue as well. Disappointing for a 2019.
That's always terrible to hear someone having such a terrible dealer experience for something like this. May be worth reaching out to service manager directly or even owner if they are truly that bad. Might at least get cost of parts covered. Maybe not. Just bumps me out to hear a story like that over parts that sank to the bottom, likely from vibration/loose hardware.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm really not trying to be a hater but this speaks to the uselessness of the rudder IMO.
I’ll agree, it would be more useful if it extended below the keel.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On the 19’ boats it does. They don’t get a keel like the 21’ and 24’ boats. Rather the ride plate has a keel extending below the hulll’s running surface that the rudder mounts to.

77AACAE5-0A0F-4366-93D1-719757082F4B.jpeg460CA9E6-0132-4F7A-B90B-14C018050B37.jpeg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ve been considering extending mine, haven’t fooled with it yet but I may play around with some rudder “enhancements”.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Since you are already having to put it back together, might as well add the Cobra Super Ultimate AK19 Steering System while you are at it. Night and day difference in maneuverability.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you, yes the super ultimate A K is adjustable so you set the influence level that you desire, they are made from 6061 t6 aluminum, no plastic parts, they can even be set to go up at speed if you wish however I always recommend keeping them in the water all the time, they do not hang below the keel , They add exceptional steering control at all speeds , forward and reverse. They offer great high speed tracking control and steady the boat in rough conditions as well as heavy traffic areas, They also provide instant response to input in the helm. Nice control for water sport activities as well. The latest super fin design offers extra slow speed influence when the boat comes off plane. The buy direct discount price on my web page is only $235.99 with free domestic priority mail, Installation is simple. It's like buying a new boat without the expense .

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
not a good idea these already break from impact but yes they are pretty ineffective thus the special viper system I make for those and the super ultimate system, I actually have people removing the rudder and just using my steering in it's place since I make full time steering. I also have people dumping the twin engine rudder and replacing the steering with a set of super ultimate steering systems along with the mega fang plus upgrade.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
this info may assist you in aligning the nozzles
Aligning the nozzles is very important. First center the steering wheel, then undo the steering cables at the nozzle arms making sure you loosened the lock nut on the threaded end .

Remove the bolt from the rudder to detach the tie rods, place the controls in forward to get with the reverse up out of the way.
Now place a straight edge across the 2 nozzle openings.

I use a long level or similar straight edge for this.

It will be a lot easier if you can get someone to hold the level against the nozzles while you readjust the two steering cable ends to reattach them with the nozzles evenly.
Then adjust the tie rod ends to accommodate the changes in the nozzle position. be sure the rudder is at a 90 degree angle with the back of the boat when adjusting the tie rod.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Since you are already having to put it back together, might as well add the Cobra Super Ultimate AK19 Steering System while you are at it. Night and day difference in maneuverability.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC
This is a good idea however I still think I need those parts? Unless cobra jet substitutes the rudder guide and bolt? Looks like these parts are on backorder until the end of September from Yamaha Because I imagine they don’t fall off all that often in Minnesota that is pretty much the end of boating season. I even tried the sports plaza and have a sneaky suspicion they’re also backordered from that site.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would suggest removing the rudder for now it is very easy to pull the retaining clip and the pin, install the super ultimate system for the time being and when the parts arrive reinstall the rudder and have both systems like in the attached picture.

Attachments