• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are you seeing that is a good deal during Prime Days?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
A new pool filter because mine went shit the bed today 🤦‍♂️

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I went after this today. Practically half off.

1602629253820.png

Soonerlt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

View attachment 135336
I’ve had this for a while, it has its quirks but works relatively well. My biggest gripe is you need the bridge for HomeKit and you can only buy it from the manufacturer and it never (literally) goes on sale ($70)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I’ve had this for a while, it has its quirks but works relatively well. My biggest gripe is you need the bridge for HomeKit and you can only buy it from the manufacturer and it never (literally) goes on sale ($70)
It stated you could set a time to close the door and you can tell if the door is open or close. This is what I need as I check on it every night; hate leaving it open all night. Freaks me out...

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It stated you could set a time to close the door and you can tell if the door is open or close. This is what I need as I check on it every night; hate leaving it open all night. Freaks me out...
Yeah, I had a rule on mine to close the doors if open at midnight every night. It also integrates into Home Assistant, but that part can be finnicky.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I never set up the auto close feature, but use it quite often to check status. It also shows how long it’s been opened or closed. Very rarely it will get confused, and the time is helpful to determine if it’s right or not.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I never set up the auto close feature, but use it quite often to check status. It also shows how long it’s been opened or closed. Very rarely it will get confused, and the time is helpful to determine if it’s right or not.
Thank you for sharing that. Did not know it would state how long the door was open. I like that.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I picked up a couple Noco Genius 2 chargers for winter battery trickle charging in my garage. At $70 ($35/each), they were cheaper than a single 2-bank system like the Noco Genius Gen2M.

I also picked up the Noco Boost Plus GB40 for $69 to keep on the boat as a backup jumper.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I picked up a couple Noco Genius 2 chargers for winter battery trickle charging in my garage. At $70 ($35/each), they were cheaper than a single 2-bank system like the Noco Genius Gen2M.

I also picked up the Noco Boost Plus GB40 for $69 to keep on the boat as a backup jumper.
At 2amps, it should not be compared to 2 bank charger. It's a good maintainer, and ultra slow charger though. Just set your expectations prior to install.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just ordered this as well, since Amazon was offering up a $30 credit on our first in garage delivery once installed. This is region dependent, but we are getting an Amazon disty center being built in Fargo as we speak.

From what I am reading in the installation manual, this includes the hub and should work with any garage door opener from 1993 and newer. I don't need it to connect to any apple home apps or anything. As long as I have remote control, and possibly let folks in remotely, that's all I want. That and amazon in garage delivery. We will see once it comes.

Last edited:

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

View attachment 135336
Yeah, I bought this a few years ago and love it. Know when the kids come home from school, and have 4 nightly auto closes programed. We forgot to close our garage door 2 years ago and I had about $4000 worth of tools stolen that night. This is good insurance against that happening again.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, I bought this a few years ago and love it. Know when the kids come home from school, and have 4 nightly auto closes programed. We forgot to close our garage door 2 years ago and I had about $4000 worth of tools stolen that night. This is good insurance against that happening again.
Rough. We got the Genie equivalent this spring after our kid left the door open 2 nights in a row and animals got in and ate pet food. Now that door auto-closes at 9pm every night.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
At 2amps, it should not be compared to 2 bank charger. It's a good maintainer, and ultra slow charger though. Just set your expectations prior to install.
Good point as the 2 bank charger is 4 amps per channel. I thought about going with two of the Genius 5 (5 amp chargers)...at $50 each on Prime Day they're still cheaper than the $120 Gen2 2-bank system and a little more powerful. For me, these chargers will strictly live in the garage for maintaining/trickle charging the batteries over winter when they're pulled out of the boat. They won't be installed in the boat as I've got an SE with the solar trickle charger on board (though I must admit I know nothing about that solar trickle charger and it's capabilities, there's a total dearth of information about it in the manual).

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good point as the 2 bank charger is 4 amps per channel. I thought about going with two of the Genius 5 (5 amp chargers)...at $50 each on Prime Day they're still cheaper than the $120 Gen2 2-bank system and a little more powerful. For me, these chargers will strictly live in the garage for maintaining/trickle charging the batteries over winter when they're pulled out of the boat. They won't be installed in the boat as I've got an SE with the solar trickle charger on board (though I must admit I know nothing about that solar trickle charger and it's capabilities, there's a total dearth of information about it in the manual).
That is perfect expectation. That is what they were designed for. I thought about the same thing for my motorcycle and Exmark Lawnmower that have expensive batteries in them, but may sit from Nov/April. Damn things need a new battery every two years otherwise. That and waverunner batteries. I have learned to spend a bit more, and pull the batteries every winter. I killed them every two years as well, until I upgraded my process.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My thoughts exactly. I have a 2020 242SE with solar panel and the boat lives on a mooring all season. While slow, the panel kept the batteries charged while leaving the house on all season, and bilge pumping after rains. Overall, I was fairly impressed. It also managed to keep the batteries topped up while at anchor on a sunny day. Again, slow, but did the job.