• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What boat did you have before?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DSC_0086.jpg DSC_0088.jpg Always interesting to see what boats everyone had before their current boat. Here is what I had. It was a 2004 Sugar Sand Tango - YES - it was a jet boat! ;)

Last edited:
Travis, that boat looked tiny and light looking at the trailer. Was it powered by a Rotex engine? Our 230's must look and feel like a yacht in comparison. What was the length?

My first boat that I owned before our Yamaha was a 16' Hobie Cat sailboat. I bought it for a $1000 and sold it for $900 9 months later because I couldn't convince anybody to go with me out on it. I think I took it out a total 3 times and one of those times I thought I was going to die. Too much wind and not enough experience is a bad combination on one of those things. Sorry, no pics!

Last edited:
I had a Yamaha XR1800 and I still have it.

1991 Four Winns
2008 sx210
2010 ar240

1997 Stratos Fish/Ski
1999 StingRay
1974 Trojan Tri-Cabin
2008 SX 230

1960 Owens cabin cruiser lapstrake hull 20'
1968 Catalina 36 Sloop
1975 Seaspray Catamanran
1991 Searay openbow 17'

hey Tetonguy, welcome aboard!

1989 Carver 2157. It had a TON of room for a 21 foot boat. Today it would have been sold as a 24'er. It had a full bathroom, space for a fridge, tons of storage, 2 sleeping areas and a big 5.7L engine that never let us down. It was a great boat to go slow and "cruise". But as the kids started getting older they were wanting to try water skiing, wake boarding and just go fast. Our new boat is perfect for that. The thing that I miss most about our old boat is spending the night on her and waking up in the morning to peace and quiet on the water.

She was a good boat.

Last day on the boat 029.JPG

I had a 2006 Yamaha SX230. This was a great boat!

Before that a few PWC's and a couple bayliners. Gotta say I love the latest boat the most!

MyBoat+009.jpg

My first boat was a 99 Exciter. I did the Group K Sleeper mods on it. Very fast fun boat but sucked on a windy day at Texoma. Well most boats suck on a windy day at Texoma. Sold it and bought a nice blue LX2000 for more room and a better ride. Did the Group K stage 2 mods to it. Still looking for more room and better ride we now have a 09 212SS. Great boat and the windy days are a little better.

1993 sylvan deep v aluminum with a fuel injected 150 evinrude gas and oil guzzler

Well, my first boat was a 19 foot chaparral with a yamaha stern drive. For those who didn't know, yamaha did make a stern drive for about 4 years. Unfortunately it kind of flopped! image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg It was an older boat, and I got tired of working on it more than I was able to actually use it. I sold it and bought my first yamaha boat. A 2005 AR230.
image.jpg
Had it for about 3 years, before upgrading to my current 2008 AR230 HO. image.jpg

myboat2_noletters.jpg
I owned a 1997 Seadoo speedster from 2001 to 2012 and loved everyone minute of it. I was really sad to see her go, so many fun memories, but it was a 4 seater and my family of 5 no longer fit. My first summer with my 212x was a blast and I plan on owning it longer than my speedster.

Bayliner 175. Bought it new when I was 22. I thought I was on a yacht. Loved that boat and took immaculate care of her. That was in 2005 and I kept it until 2010. Sold it to get sx230. Now I understand what I was really in before. Lol. Nothing compares to yamaha. Wish I could afford the 242 limited s. Haha

I have always had jet boats. First boat a '96 SeaDoo Speedster, second boat an '03 SeaDoo Utopia 185, and now have had the '06 AR230HO since '06.

Before my 2013 212x - I had a 12' AR190. It was a really cool boat, but the family decided they wanted bigger and faster.
And before that - we had a 2002 Crownline 190BR. Our Yamaha.PNG

2001 LX2000

2006 Four Winns Horizon 180. TONS of crazy memories and good times, she was a good ship.

P8190112 (Small).JPG

Back