• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What boat did you have before?

Could be one of the best built boats Ever

Well it's still going strong since 1987, my brother owns it now. I loved the two seats on either side of the engine, instead of a huge stupid sunpad. Gave the boat as much space as most 22 footers. Did you have one too?

No I had a 2003 180 and it was a great quality boat, just got too small. Nothing failed in 10 years of use

1998 Exciter 135 for about a year and then got a 2005 AR230..... a few years without ...... and now our 2008 212X. Started Yamaha Jet.... still Yamaha Jet!

1st boat: 1989 Four Winns 190 Horizon
2nd: 1991 sunbird corsair 185 (nothing but problems with this boat causing us to get rid and boat less for years.)
3rd: 2008 bayliner 175. The boat that got us boating again. (got it for great price and it was a fun boat)
4th: 2014 ar210. Can't be any happier :)
5th: cruiser if Yamaha ever make one in the US? Just planning ahead ;)

My first boat was a 12' wooden speedboat made out of plywood. I hung a 25 horse on it and it lasted 3 months on the Ohio River. I was twelve. I was living on Mom and Dad's boat at the time. It was a 30'ChrisCraft Cavalier Cabin Cruiser.

2005 Maxum 1800MX - They actually overlapped in the driveway! LOL1002010825.jpg

Never owned one before. I've driven a few. Took the leap this year since we bought a place on the water. Sadly only 10hrs on it but I love it and so does the family.

My father and I picked this one out when I was in the 4th grade (16.5' Procraft 1660V Fish & Ski). I overhauled it 20+ years later and had fun with it for a couple years. I decided I needed a bigger/safer boat after adding some kids to the equation.
Procraft 1660V.JPG
Procraft 1660V 2.JPG

I had a Motorcycle. K1300GT BMW. the other 1/2 wasn't comfy so it metamorphosed into the Yamaha one winter. Been the best recreational $ exchange I've done as now the boat is something we can do together and worth friends and family. Priceless.

image.jpg 1986 4 Winns horizon 190.
Loved that boat, great family boat.
SX192 then upgraded to the 242, no regrets!

100_0789-1.jpg 20140713_115315.jpg 20140924_175001.jpg

1976 15' Sea Sprite Cougar 70hp 1976 Johnson
Was my uncles boat and the first boat I ever remember riding in, learning to Ski behind. Became mine 9 years ago. We've defiantly upgraded. Can't wait for our first full boating season next year.image.jpg

Hey @Huckerjetboat !

NICE photo ~! Glad you both discovered the joy of a Yamaha jet boat .... and this killer forum as well.
Happy Thanksgiving to you .......... and oh yeah ........... By the way ..............
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 23 - HuskierJetboat1.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. I've been on the yamaha board for a number of years. Have had my eye on a Yamaha since a boat show over six years ago. Finally in a financial position to buy (probably should have waited a little longer, but my kids are 14 and 12, wait too much longer and we miss the fun window) we only got her out twice before the weather changed. We are soooooo excited for next year.

And I still have the Sea Sprite. Tried selling this fall but no bites. Waiting until spring now.

last boat was a 22' Cobalt with a 351HP Volvo duoprop. man that boat was SO NICE, I wish I didn't sell it. Don't get me wrong, I love my 242LS more than I did my cobalt, but the cobalt was such a nice boat and I knew how to do everything on it (since it was an older ford engine).

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0931.JPG

Back