• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What boat did you have before?

I have this nearly new runabout I was minimally using last year. 11' Baltik w/ Airfloor powered by 9.8hrsp Nissan.
Fun little guy to scoot across lake, but moving a different direction, so gonna sell it.....cause I got a YAMMI now!

Attachments

• IMG_4044.JPG
    IMG_4044.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 16
Travis, that boat looked tiny and light looking at the trailer. Was it powered by a Rotex engine? Our 230's must look and feel like a yacht in comparison. What was the length?

My first boat that I owned before our Yamaha was a 16' Hobie Cat sailboat. I bought it for a $1000 and sold it for $900 9 months later because I couldn't convince anybody to go with me out on it. I think I took it out a total 3 times and one of those times I thought I was going to die. Too much wind and not enough experience is a bad combination on one of those things. Sorry, no pics!
@PEARCE That boat was pretty tiny! It was only 16'. It weighed roughly 1,200 pounds, so it was very light. It had 210hp and the top speed ever was 62. That was with the wind, just me, and a small amount of fuel. It was actually powered by a Mercury jet drive. The 230 is very nice compared to that 16' boat!!!

Would love to learn to sail!

1978 18' Sea Ark
1989 21' Century
199? 16' Glasstron
1989 60' Sumerset Houseboat
2004 SX230
1999 80' Fantasy Houseboat
2005 AR230

Back in the 80's I lived in Galveston on the water and went through quite a few boats; here are a few of them:

Good ole' Pelican--girls loved it!

Tiki-boats-Pelican.jpeg

My first sailboat--a Sunfish:

Tiki-boats-Sunfish.jpeg

Don't remember the name but it was a good little boat:

Tiki-boats-outboard.jpeg

Regal--a great boat:

Tiki-boats-Regal.jpeg

Sleekcraft--a real eye catcher--when I pulled up to the dock girls would come ask for a ride--of course I had to say "no" since I was married:

Tiki-boats-Sleekcraft2.jpeg

The biggest one, a Hatteras--only kept it a couple of weeks because someone wanted to buy it:

Tiki-boats-Hatteras.jpeg

Had a "dry" spell for about 25 years since I moved away from Galveston but I retired to Florida a couple of years ago and first bought a 2002 LX 2000 which I still have at my house:

LX in lift.jpg

My main boat now is the one below which I just purchased a couple of weeks ago: 2014 SX240HO--great boat...

boat ccbc2.jpg

Last edited:
2006 Bayliner 175 that I also bought new when I was 22. Can't wait to get the new Yamaha out this year!

Attachments

• 1654187_10201341675764782_1491401722_n.jpg
    1654187_10201341675764782_1491401722_n.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 18
2000 chaparral 196ssi. Loved the boat but was small for lake texoma.

1978 Chris craft Catalina. Cool boat moved like a snail and the $300 plus per month slip fee sucked

2010 yamaha ar240.

The SX210 is my first power boat. But there have been a number of watercraft before that.

My first boat, 18' Rebel, about 1965 at Woodward Reservoir CA
IMG_0001s%20copy_edited-1-L.jpg

30' California Clipper about 1957. First launch San Francisco Bay
IMG_edited-2-L.jpg

Fourth boat, 16' Hobie, at Woodward Reservoir CA about 1984. Fun boat. Very fast.
Scan10069-L.jpg

This one never made it to the water other than the pool. I paid $75 for it but had no way to transport it to the lake.
07040035_edited-1-L.jpg

I just sold the Honda PWC two weeks ago after owning it for 9 years. So much fun on the ocean. It was part of my body. It's a little sad to lose it but it was the right decision. We have the Yamaha to get out on to the water.
DSC01379-L.jpg

I started with two Kawasaki 550sx's, then a SeaDoo SPX. But our first boat was a SeaDoo Sportster 1800. To say it was a fixer upper when we bought it would be an understatement.DSCN9025.JPG DSCN9027.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN9024.JPG
    DSCN9024.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Stingray 180 something or other......put 100 hours on it first summer we had it. almost entirely weekend time...
then the gremlins moved in.......The boat taught me NEVER to turn off the engine if away from the dock....still have the psychological scars..
.boat1.jpg

1994 Sea Rayder Jetboat 90hp this little 16' baby could turn on a dime and the low maintenance and easy handling of this one is why I bought my Yamaha, I sold this boat for more than I purchased it for and had multiple offers for it 15 years ago.

index.php

2007 Mastercraft X2
2008 Feretti 630
2009 Lagoon 560
2010 Bavaria Cruiser 40
2010 Janneau 57 (current)

b318_20.jpg I just sold this... my first boat ever ... I can't wait to enjoy a comfortable, dependable and NEW boat.

I've owned so many I guess its not important what I owned before. My first was a 2000 LS2000. I don't have pics, but I remember having tons of trouble and did not have forums like this back then to help me with them. Lots of fouled spark plugs, blown motors and general dissatisfaction led me to sell it and buy a four stroker. Best decision I ever made!

Four Winns H200 "Moor Shenanigans" - Great boat, just too small once we added kids to the equationBoat 4.jpg

I had a 14 foot M F G with a 40 Evinrude back when I was about 13 or 14 years old .
I saved up to purchase it by delivering newspapers on my bicycle.
In all the years after that I have owned a multitude of different boats and P W C's . And I still have a pontoon boat a 2010 yamaha s h o and a 2013 yamaha fx ho .

We had a 2001 LS 2000 for one season. It was a nice starter boat, but ultimately it was too small for us. Plus it was so not fun on a windy/choppy day. I blame @maboat for us upgrading so quickly since he was our first Yammi friend...we liked his boat so much we got the same model.

The owner of the Nautique pictured here gave me the little Tahitti also pictured. That boat good me hooked onto boating. Now I enjoy both boats. This picture was from a camping trip we took last year. Put both boats in the slip for the week and let the kids ran around with the Tahitti while the parents played on the Yamaha.

534403_10202930585246240_526757000_n.jpg

Back