• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

YamahaForMe

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I design electrical power generation and distribution systems for commercial airliners and business jets.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IT Contract Negotiator (and lately quasi InHouse Counsel) for a large healthcare organizanization and generally work to damn hard for a living but hey, I am a HO for the $$$,$$$.$$ (and excellent benefits) so ...

bow, chi, chi, wow wOW!

I LOVE my job and try to appreciate it every day, three times as much on the days I'm boating.

Last edited:

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I fly around eating burgers and fries for a living, mixing in meetings here and there. VP Red Robin Gourmet Burgers.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I fly around eating burgers and fries for a living, mixing in meetings here and there. VP Red Robin Gourmet Burgers.
So here's the deal... I love red robin. And I found out that unlimited fries don't just mean after you order your meal. I ask for fries when I order my drinks. However, EVERY time I go the server tells me that they will try to get me some fries but they have to put some more in. So here's the question, if it's unlimited fries, why are there not fries just sitting in big piles waiting to be eaten?

Yes I completely understand the business answer to my question but I have always been curious!

Last edited:

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So here's the deal... I love red robin. And I found out that unlimited fries don't just mean after you order your meal. I ask for fries when I order my drinks. However, EVERY time I go the server tells me that they will try to get me some fries but they have to put some more in. So here's the question, if it's unlimited fries, why are there not fries just sitting in big piles waiting to be eaten?

Yes I completely understand the business answer to my question but I have always been curious!
Hey @GiddYupJoe - the marketing message is 'Bottomless' refills, so the unlimited part is intended for once the beverage(if refillable) or entree(with FF's) is delivered, assuming it has a 'Bottomless' item. So for the FF's, the Bottomless fun starts after the burger arrives.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see... so I'm the only professional alcoholic here huh... (that's what my wife calls it anyway)

I manage a wine import and distribution company. And... i do get to travel around and "test" plenty of new "products".
it's even fun at times.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I see... so I'm the only professional alcoholic here huh... (that's what my wife calls it anyway)

I manage a wine import and distribution company. And... i do get to travel around and "test" plenty of new "products".
it's even fun at times.
@Livi0411 don't you have a business distributing wine???

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, @GiddYupJoe - a wine importation company...just one of the many ways I fund my expensive hobby of boating!

@Eurocat - what states are you covering? Always interested in learning what others are doing in the business.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Always good to meet industry ppl.
We cover NJ, NY, MA, RI and FL. CA and CT to come. Mostly niche portfolio from Europe and S. America.
Where are you located?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm a design engineer. We make fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems. Everything from hand portables, wheeled units, computer server rooms, massive facility systems and military/government. A lot of my job consists of training people how to 3D model since I'm also the CAD manager. I brought those traits with me from college and it literally turned the engineering departments up about 15 notches compared to how they used to design things strictly in a 2D world LOL. 12 years have passed now and I'm still doing it along with most of the other high tech stuff like 3D laser scanning, CFD and now I have my own desktop 3D SLA printer in my office to goof around with.

The pay is good but the stress levels and commute weigh on me over the years and it's certainly aged me lol. Sometimes I just wished I designed surf boards or something less stressful and far more enjoyable. I've even pondered moving the family to the gulf and becoming a deck hand or something completely different than what I've been doing for over a decade now. Since my surgery I have a different outlook on life and what things are really worth. Life is too short to be chained to a desk all your life getting a fluorescent sun tan with complementary migraine. Remember the movie Joe vs the Volcano or even more recent Office Space? Yea sometimes it feels like that LOL.

Anyways here is a sort of cool video I threw together before taking my medical leave of absence. I was testing my new 3D printer using a clear resin material with one of our hand portable valve body 3D models if you're interested.

Last edited:

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great lookin' rig and co-worker you've got there @The Budnick's.

I can't imagine how stressful your job can be with the amount of idiots on the roads these days. Stay safe out there!

Knot Practical

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Field mechanic for road construction co. We also have a tree farm and my wife is a registered nurse.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Really fun to see what everyone on here does.
I just hit 30 years as a pilot for Delta (25 years at Northwest before we merged), and might stick it out for another few years. My wife does the same thing, and since we will be empty nesters as of this fall, she's threatening to start flying trips with me!
@jetlagged, you don't happen to fly to Tokyo by chance?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Dude, that Royal Red Robin....AWESOME.

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a mechanic at a custom bike builder's shop. And I agree the royal red is the shiz nit!