• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel like I need to straighten up with all these popo's around!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look up my department... town of Wake forest nc and tell me what u think... I like them but they Def are not black and whites!
Very Sporty with the yellow stripe I'll give ya that, but I feel like it misses the classic Cop Car mark. But, What do you care anyway? Driving any Police car is Awesome!! Why do you think its called "The Job"? ...and every other show on TV is about it?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very Sporty with the yellow stripe I'll give ya that, but I feel like it misses the classic Cop Car mark. But, What do you care anyway? Driving any Police car is Awesome!! Why do you think its called "The Job"? ...and every other show on TV is about it?
I have had some awfully ragged popo cars over the years..... my favorite was the 2011 dodge charger... it was a beast...!

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ext.jpg ext (1).jpg 1993 Chevy Caprice 9C1 - Corvette engine - THAT was a beast. Chargers are sports cars compared to that! lol

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You like the "state-of-the-art" lightbar? :cool:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You folks are to be commended daily. Putting your lives on the line anytime you see someone with a minor traffic infraction. It's definitely underappreciated and underpaid. Funny how the folks that hate to police, always call them when they need help.

Now, the states forcing you to do things like DUI/safety checkpoints is a different story. But I know that orders from on high and not all people forced to do it agree with it.

If the "sh1t hits the fan" at my house, I'll definitely call you to come do the paperwork, LOL. I internalize my families safety (as much as possible) if you know what I mean.

Thanks for what you do.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You folks are to be commended daily. Putting your lives on the line anytime you see someone with a minor traffic infraction. It's definitely underappreciated and underpaid. Funny how the folks that hate to police, always call them when they need help.

Now, the states forcing you to do things like DUI/safety checkpoints is a different story. But I know that orders from on high and not all people forced to do it agree with it.

If the "sh1t hits the fan" at my house, I'll definitely call you to come do the paperwork, LOL. I internalize my families safety (as much as possible) if you know what I mean.

Thanks for what you do.
I know check points are a large issue and I am not sure they are the end all answer but... the drunk driving problem is staggering. A class I recently went to had a stat they showed after 11 at night 1 in 3 cars are being driven with some level of impairment. Checkpoints being constitutionaly legal or not I would rather encounter them that way than after they impact someone.... those wrecks are brutal and always the inocentnonce get killed..

And I wish more people internalized their safety... there is so much evil in the world that the general public has no idea about... it's simple really... you are either the sheep dog.... or the sheep!

Now .. go out there and have a great day! Lmao!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My buddy works for Baltimore and every time we see each other we joke about this.

"You can lose the hat..."

"I like the hat..."

This is a great job, and as any guy will tell you, you couldn't make this sh!t up. There are times that make you mad, sad, and times you can't stop laughing. Here's a typical week in a nutshell.

Last edited:

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We've enjoyed reading what everyone does for a living. I realize this is an older thread, but I'm sure there are new members that can contribute.

I am an equipment operator for the city of Calvert. Previously, 10+ years as a trim carpenter. My wife is a Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator for a local college.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know I have looked at this thread before, but apparently I never replied...

Electrical and automation supervisor for a steel producer.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a urinal cake inspector/tester for South Carolina's 14th largest Urinal Cake manufacturer.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm a urinal cake inspector/tester for South Carolina's 14th largest Urinal Cake manufacturer.

oral? I hear that's the only true way to test them.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Research scientist, materials science, primarily involved in elctron microscopy, scan&tran for very large US chemical co.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oral? I hear that's the only true way to test them.
They made us stop that a few years back someone chipped a tooth and sued. That's the reason we are the 14th largest manufacturer in South Carolina we where the 13th largest before that happened cut backs and all to pay for the settlement.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They made us stop that a few years back someone chipped a tooth and sued. That's the reason we are the 14th largest manufacturer in South Carolina we where the 13th largest before that happened cut backs and all to pay for the settlement.
There's 14 companies making the scented pucks we pee on in urinals?

Why would tasting them check the quality??

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's 14 companies making the scented pucks we pee on in urinals?

Why would tasting them check the quality??
14 in South Carolina not sure how many total big business! Bite test is for density if it can be easily bitten through can you imagine how fast the acids in urine would destroy this product. Below is my buddy who chipped the tooth and won the law suite after his settlement and dental work.

cake tester1.jpg