• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So many folks with manly professions, I feel wierd admitting what I do.

My wife and I own an event decorating business. We decorate for weddings and wedding receptions mostly, but do fundraisers, proms, and other parties/ events. We do all the custom linens, lighting and draping.

I at least get to do the manly parts like loading and driving the trucks/ trailers, and all the heavy lifting and rigging.

She's the eye candy and I'm the muscle.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So many folks with manly professions, I feel wierd admitting what I do.

My wife and I own an event decorating business. We decorate for weddings and wedding receptions mostly, but do fundraisers, proms, and other parties/ events. We do all the custom linens, lighting and draping.

I at least get to do the manly parts like loading and driving the trucks/ trailers, and all the heavy lifting and rigging.

She's the eye candy and I'm the muscle.
After paying for our DJ/Lighting for the wedding --- I bet you paid cash for that 242X lol. I got in the wrong business.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
After paying for our DJ/Lighting for the wedding --- I bet you paid cash for that 242X lol. I got in the wrong business.
Not quite, but it is a very good industry to be in. I able to afford toys to play on/with, and I only have to work 2-3 days a week.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I own a small pest control company around lake Lanier in GA. still do all the services and my wife does all the office stuff.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Applications engineer in a design center for a major chip maker.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Recent change of venue for me. Went from a Mechanical Designer at an Aerospace company, to an R&D Engineer (structural and Modal loading analysis mostly) at a global vibratory conveyor company. Commute got longer, but pay went up as well. Significantly more difficult position for certain!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For all the "Sales" people in here that like boating:

Screenshot_20180912-070758_Chrome.jpg

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Owner/operator/laborer/Craftsman in a carpentry business and a painting company. Should be retired but not good at delegating or trusting other peoples work so the tool belt goes on every morning and has been for the last 30 years . If not on the boat I am at work or the wife has me working on our houses....yay

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
. . . . . . .not good at delegating or trusting other peoples work . . . . .or the wife has me working on our houses....yay
Preach.

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Official title is Senior Finance Systems Coordinator. I manage the financial systems for the Orange County Comptroller's office. I'm an Accounting/IT hybrid. Have worked in Implementation/Conversion roles for the last 8 years. Guess I'm the only one on here. Come to think of it I don't know of any accountants who have boats LOL. I wonder why.
I have been doing the same thing basically for the last 18 years. Now specializing in Multi national consolidation systems (Mainly HFM)

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been doing the same thing basically for the last 18 years. Now specializing in Multi national consolidation systems (Mainly HFM)
Nice. I did it for about 9 years then made a career switch to become an IT Auditor. Love what I do now.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
A lot of great jobs in here! Some I had no idea even existed. I unfortunately work on cars.doing paint and body. I mainly paint now and was the first in the country to get a master certification from axalta in water born paint. I've done everything from manager, frame tech, body tech to painter. I was doing hi production paint in a shop for a while till I decided to slow down and go back to just production painter and I'm making more money and less work. Just tired of working on cars but still have 2 in college

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A lot of great jobs in here! Some I had no idea even existed. I unfortunately work on cars.doing paint and body. I mainly paint now and was the first in the country to get a master certification from axalta in water born paint. I've done everything from manager, frame tech, body tech to painter. I was doing hi production paint in a shop for a while till I decided to slow down and go back to just production painter and I'm making more money and less work. Just tired of working on cars but still have 2 in college
Why do you say unfortunately? A good and reputable mechanic/body man/painter is worth his weight in gold!

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Why do you say unfortunately? A good and reputable mechanic/body man/painter is worth his weight in gold!
Because everyone that I know that does it hate it, it's become hi stress and the insurance companies dictate everything you do. I do a lot of hi end cars and we do alot of german cars. They take forever to get parts on some and then u have a customer mad because his parts had to come from Germany and he wants his car now. I should have paid better attention ins school but at least my kids listened to me when I told them you need a skill or education. One is taking classes for robotics that he got a full ride on and my daughter is taking classes for nursing

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Because everyone that I know that does it hate it, it's become hi stress and the insurance companies dictate everything you do. I do a lot of hi end cars and we do alot of german cars. They take forever to get parts on some and then u have a customer mad because his parts had to come from Germany and he wants his car now. I should have paid better attention ins school but at least my kids listened to me when I told them you need a skill or education. One is taking classes for robotics that he got a full ride on and my daughter is taking classes for nursing
They always say "Do what you'll love and you'll never work a day in your life." Alas "they" apparently never had to deal with customer.... ;)

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm a QA Manager for one of the major bank's and oversee a team of software engineers that supports multiple applications both internal and customer facing.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I have been agreement since the first was born 7yrs ago. After high school, you will learn a set of skills that are marketable. IMO this includes auto body repair, as well as any myriad of other trades. It also includes "traditional" style colleges. However I will stipulate that he has to either get a full ride to choose whatever major he wants, or I get to approve the degree before he starts. No way am I going to end up with a kid that either 1. doesn't have a set the set of skills to be an in demand worker, or 2. has a $70k college degree in "underwater basketweaving" or some other impossibly hard to market skill. Things like technician, engineer, nurse, etc that have in demand work forces, and growth potential.