• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Two weeks to a career shift. Will be a Senior IT Auditor come 6/19. Proof that you should never stop chasing that dream job. Took me 11 years of trying to break into a Forensic/Audit accounting job. This role marries my systems experience and accounting background.
Awesome Congrats! I am a CPA working in corporate accounting. I have been exploring other options and forensic accounting sounds very interesting.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4 A professor in college turned a few of us in the class on to it. One went on to be an IRS agent, another a lawyer, and me I ended up working with financial systems. I have a law enforcement background (Immigration Enforcement Officer in the Cayman Islands) and it was my favourite job ever. This way I can use all those investigative skills I learned and put my accounting degree and systems experience to work. I'm super excited about the opportunity.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am coming up on 19 years building WMD's (AH-64 Apache Helicopters) for the US Army and several other international customers. My current role is Analyst/Engineer.
Before that I served in the Marine Corps working on F-18's (VMFA-AW 242 Airframes).
I flew the AH64 for 21 years.....an awesome aircraft.....I was never shot down, and never took serious fire in Iraq, but guys in my unit did, and are alive today because of the toughness, quality, and survivability of AH 64!!

Chase Worthington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Construction Project Manager for Ryan Homes

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I flew the AH64 for 21 years.....an awesome aircraft.....I was never shot down, and never took serious fire in Iraq, but guys in my unit did, and are alive today because of the toughness, quality, and survivability of AH 64!!
@radge2001 A buddy of mine is still flying them and commands a battalion of Apache pilots, crew, maintenance etc. here in NC. We was in Iraq and Afghanistan and loves the improvements in FLIR over the years. Says it was interesting to see how those on the receiving end of night time fire quickly learned that we'd made major FLIR improvements and that hiding behind smaller trees no longer worked!

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am retired and loving life. Prior to that I had great career in the Army and then as Director of Procurement for the Army's MWR programs. IMO toe of the best professions in the world "taking care of Soldiers".
and just remember "Life is to short not to have fun"[flag]

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Electrical Engineer by education. My job is Director of Continuous Improvement. Grew up working in my dad's tool & die shop.

radge2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its always great to hear positive feedback from the field! Thank you for your service.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@radge2001 A buddy of mine is still flying them and commands a battalion of Apache pilots, crew, maintenance etc. here in NC. We was in Iraq and Afghanistan and loves the improvements in FLIR over the years. Says it was interesting to see how those on the receiving end of night time fire quickly learned that we'd made major FLIR improvements and that hiding behind smaller trees no longer worked!
I flew the "old" legacy 64s. Retired just as my unit was getting Longbows. Talking to the guys there, the improvements are incredible. Makes me wish I coulda stayed a few more years, but at 62, the Army told me I had no choice...."Get out OLD MAN" [flag]

radge2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I flew the "old" legacy 64s. Retired just as my unit was getting Longbows. Talking to the guys there, the improvements are incredible. Makes me wish I coulda stayed a few more years, but at 62, the Army told me I had no choice...."Get out OLD MAN" [flag]
Haha...If you still talk with any of them, ask how they like the new "E" Model. They are in the 6th year of production and we have delivered about 120 of them to the field so far.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Haha...If you still talk with any of them, ask how they like the new "E" Model. They are in the 6th year of production and we have delivered about 120 of them to the field so far.
I dont think they have received them yet, but I will asked next time I talk to one of them

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I am retired and loving life. Prior to that I had great career in the Army and then as Director of Procurement for the Army's MWR programs. IMO toe of the best professions in the world "taking care of Soldiers".
and just remember "Life is to short not to have fun"[flag]
Awesome John, I'm the chief of contracts for the C-130J USAF program office. Government procurement sure is interesting!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't read through 23 pages to see if I responded years ago, but I don't think I did...

So I've been a business consultant for the past 20 years. I'm really a problem solver. My focus has been on helping companies improve their products and service interactions with customers. My projects have ranged from consumer call center interactions to NASA space launch customers including satellites, space probes, and manned spaceflight. My skills are designing analytical models and approaches for structured and unstructured data.

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Robotic / PLC Technologist, specialized in systems analysis for throughput and cycle time. Main market is automotive, run my own small company providing contract services.

It's a good gig can't complain outside of some travel. Just hopefully none in the summer :D

pitchlock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a licensed aircraft mechanic for a defense contractor. Mainly working on US customs P-3s now.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
operate, maintain and/or repair a plethora of digital printers, and set up programming for them. Mostly Xerox(barf)

its thrilling and exciting. :cool: but, HEY.... it pays for the boat and beer. LOL

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tool box jockey (Tech) Jet engine assembler for the largest jet engine producer in the world.

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I work in Pharma. Project Management for human clinical studies.