• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm changing titles soon from my current job doing Service work on electrical and hydraulic equipment also including welding and fabrication to; a Full Time Student for the next 9-18 months. Going back to school for EMT/FF/Paramedic as I did a lot of that in the military. I'm trying to join my Brother-in-Law with Palm Beach County Fire Rescue! I start school in January.
Public service is the next best thing to serving your country and you've done both. :thumbsup:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a Sr Automation Designer for an engineering firm and been in the electrical engineering field for 28 years. Since the fracking boom started here in western PA my main focus has been in the the area of well pad design and engineering. I've spent the last 6 years doing all of the automation engineering for one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
Not to be political here....but I hope your business booms in the future with the new administration!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ahh yes... I was a Petroleum Exchange Engineer for Boron also (1988-1991)
Awesome...That's who I worked for...and about the same timeframe. It was boron when I started and switched to BP while I was there. Wikipedia says that was 1991 but I know it was at least a year before that. I graduated and went to boot camp in 1991.

We would get secret inspections, I had a guy pull up to the FULL service pump and when I went to his window, I noticed he had a Boron watch on....BUSTED...He got the FULL treatment...checked his oil, washed all his windows, offered to check his tire pressure....about a week later, the boss hands me 100.00 and says I aced a "secret" inspection.

The best part of the job was using the lifts after the mechanic left. We would bring our cars in and do whatever we wanted. I took the Exhaust off my vette (ok, chevette but I told everyone I had a vette) just so I could cruise town with open exhaust. They were the old piston type that lifts in the center. Super sketchy, surprised we never lost a vehicle off of them.

That old chevettes life ended violently when I was passing a guy at about 60 and he turned left in front of me...no seatbelt. My face was full of glass. I got a ticked for driving after midnight on a jr license (under 18 in PA)...he paid for the car and my pain.

vette2.jpg vette1.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome...That's who I worked for...and about the same timeframe. It was boron when I started and switched to BP while I was there. Wikipedia says that was 1991 but I know it was at least a year before that. I graduated and went to boot camp in 1991.

We would get secret inspections, I had a guy pull up to the FULL service pump and when I went to his window, I noticed he had a Boron watch on....BUSTED...He got the FULL treatment...checked his oil, washed all his windows, offered to check his tire pressure....about a week later, the boss hands me 100.00 and says I aced a "secret" inspection.

The best part of the job was using the lifts after the mechanic left. We would bring our cars in and do whatever we wanted. I took the Exhaust off my vette (ok, chevette but I told everyone I had a vette) just so I could cruise town with open exhaust. They were the old piston type that lifts in the center. Super sketchy, surprised we never lost a vehicle off of them.

That old chevettes life ended violently when I was passing a guy at about 60 and he turned left in front of me...no seatbelt. My face was full of glass. I got a ticked for driving after midnight on a jr license (under 18 in PA)...he paid for the car and my pain.

View attachment 48969 View attachment 48970
Same experience minus the lifts as we were just a station and store.

I knew all of the Boron executives and what they drove so I always passed the secret shoppers exam. Our regional guy used to park in a business across the street and "observe" us all of the time.

What part of PA were you in? I was in the South Hills of Pittsburgh.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Same experience minus the lifts as we were just a station and store.

I knew all of the Boron executives and what they drove so I always passed the secret shoppers exam. Our regional guy used to park in a business across the street and "observe" us all of the time.

What part of PA were you in? I was in the South Hills of Pittsburgh.
Brookville...About 1.5 hours north. Partied a ton in Punxsutawney especially when the groundhog was coming out....HUGE party

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Director of Operations/General Manager for medical device company

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Retired Army AH-64 Pilot (40 yrs). Currently Helicopter EMS Pilot
Retired Army UH-60 pilot - 28 years. Currently flying a desk at Mother Rucker as a GS.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Former Navy F14A Tomcat pilot (USNR retired)
Currently Delta Captain flying B-737-900 ( former NWA, hired in 89)

Walt

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
GSM at a Ford/Lincoln dealer...not close to as exciting as a former tomcat pilot...nice @WaltB
Nice! When will you post the group buy on the 2017 F150? :D

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone on the board can have an x-plan (supplier) pricing on me, just gotta find your way up from Florida!!!

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wish..the 2 I was allocated were spec'd and sold months ago...now we are just waiting for the slow release from the factory so these poor guys can get their hands on their trucks

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Work... well, I'm a clinical molecular geneticist by training and a faculty/medical director of a diagnostic lab (in one of the major teaching hospitals), specializing in cancer care. Interesting gig, but one must deal with some pretty awful things most days. Puts things in perspective. And hence my love of boating.
Thank God for this forum, it is such a great outlet!
I need to go home...
upload_2017-1-20_17-9-4.png

--

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Director of Receiving & Mail Operations for 1 of the NY State University since 97'. And my wife is the Director of Budget for the same university. We were married before we found ourselves working at the same place.
It's been an incredibly great gig. 12 years to go!
That was then - now I'm the Assistant Director of Facilities Management & Operations at the same NYS University - responsible for all 600 acres.
It's been quite a journey!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Senior electrical engineer at a Pulp Mill. Mostly do large capital control system projects + run the mill. Very interesting work. Never the same each day. Both my sons are in engineering school. Cam.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Event Photographer

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Director of engineering for an electric utility.

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Foreman of an asphalt paving crew for a road construction company. We build a lot of highways, parking lots, city/residential streets in the DFW area.