• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

Rick Rousseau

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Management analyst working for the US Air Force in the Manpower and Organization office of a large technical center. Retired from Air Force active duty as an E-7 back in 2005.

Overspray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Painter, currently working for a contracting company painting their equipment, trucks, trailers etc. But have done everything from OEM work, show cars, boats, prototype, and collision.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Union Journeyman Lineman. Im a barehander. Im the guy on the High Voltage towers playing with live 345,000 volt lines. Best job in the world

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
where else do you get to play on the monkey bars every day and make bank while doin it. Plus free helicopter rides

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
where else do you get to play on the monkey bars every day and make bank while doin it. Plus free helicopter rides
Heights and High Voltage certainly aren't for everyone but someone has to keep the power on. Heres hoping you aren't grounded in your job. Sorry could not help it.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
lmao, Grounded would be very bad. If i ground out, not only do i vaporize, i cause large cities to go black!!!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Union Journeyman Lineman. Im a barehander. Im the guy on the High Voltage towers playing with live 345,000 volt lines. Best job in the world
SWEET!!! You're paid to get to be Uncle Fester!!
(crap - now I can't stop whistling the song)

ExATCer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
CyberSecurity Director. White Hat hacker as a side gig. Previously, 8 years as a USAF Air Traffic Controller getting a free fighter airshow EVERDAY! (Homestead, McChord and a short trip to Inchas, Egypt)

Last edited:

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Retired as of Dec 31 2016 and its damn nice!

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Owner of a digital marketing company. Websites, SEO, SEM, Display, Social Media - you know, all the annoying ads that pop up when you visit somewhere...that's us!

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! My wife's cousin is a manager or dist manager for RR in Chicago. She turned us on to RR because you guys have an amazing allergy approach and our daughter is deathly allergic to peanuts, so RR is one of our fav dinner spots! Smoke and Bacon burger for me! :)
@Julian Don't know why it took me so long to read this as much as I stalk this site LOL. My son (8yo) has a severe peanut allergy too. Any info you could share on places to eat would be great. The wife and I stress out the eating out thing so much with him. His diet is limited by choice cause he is the pickiest eater on the planet but we are slowly trying to introduce new food. We never go anywhere without an Epi-Pen and a bottle of Benadryl.

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I'm a Weapons Engineering Manager in the Royal Canadian Navy, they promoted me away from my toolbox as a Weapons Engineering SONAR Technician, and before that my trade was Naval Electronics Technician - Acoustic. Basically, I've spent 24+ years fixing SONAR and Navigation gear on ships in the Royal Canadian Navy.

I've sailed on a variety of ships to a variety of places. As far north as Bodo, Norway, as far south as Cartagena Colombia, as far east as the Straits of Hormuz, and as far west as Hawaii. 35 or so different countries in all, with numerous NATO/UN/National taskings. Most recent deployment was watching Libya implode in 2011 while US and British BGM-109's flew overhead. That was a fun 6 month trip.

Rank-wise, I'm a CPO2, Chief Petty Officer Second Class. (No class to my friends!) which I think works out to an E-8 in the USN (you guys go up to E-9, right?)

Currently working in a technical/logistics support role waiting to go back to a ship, probably next year. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the time ashore.

NS

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian Don't know why it took me so long to read this as much as I stalk this site LOL. My son (8yo) has a severe peanut allergy too. Any info you could share on places to eat would be great. The wife and I stress out the eating out thing so much with him. His diet is limited by choice cause he is the pickiest eater on the planet but we are slowly trying to introduce new food. We never go anywhere without an Epi-Pen and a bottle of Benadryl.
Most of the chains are pretty good with the following exceptions:
  1. Lone Star (peanuts everywhere)
  2. Chick-filet (peanut oil)
  3. Five Guys (peanut oil)
Olive Garden is good except for some desserts and their mints.

The only time our daughter reacted was to sprinkles of all things! They make them with peanut products...she starting having breathing issues minutes after eating ice cream with them on, and the ice cream was peanut free.

Freakin PITA. Thankfully Avi-Q is back on the market to drive down prices and prefer tbeir form factor.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Two weeks to a career shift. Will be a Senior IT Auditor come 6/19. Proof that you should never stop chasing that dream job. Took me 11 years of trying to break into a Forensic/Audit accounting job. This role marries my systems experience and accounting background.

radge2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am coming up on 19 years building WMD's (AH-64 Apache Helicopters) for the US Army and several other international customers. My current role is Analyst/Engineer.
Before that I served in the Marine Corps working on F-18's (VMFA-AW 242 Airframes).