• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My FULL-TIME job is to keeep Miss Barbie "HAPPY, HAPPY !" ............ LOL !
Seriously said. Mike Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
18+ Years in the entertainment industry...Being in Austin TX and affiliated with Austin City Limits (we provide all lighting and control systems to the venue) has its perks...Everyday is like being at a concert around our office...
Now if I could just figure out how to install our newest light on my tower...

http://www.highend.com/

Cheers!
I've seen many concerts at Austin city limits.

6wheeldiesel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill be doing 20yrs and out here in NJ. 20yrs will get you 50% of final salary and full benefits for life. 25yrs will get you 66% with the benefits. 5 more years working for an 16% isn't worth it to me. Just find a cake retirement gig !!
I WISH I only had to do 20 years! 15 in, 14 to go but at 90% so I guess it's worth it.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
28 years with 3M, 18 as a technician in quality control. Things get a little sticky here from time to time!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I see what you did there Jim....LOL. I drive by that planet when the wife, kids and I go down to Big Cedar. Looks like a nice facility.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm an owner of CanDo.com - computer programming / consulting company.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider ... Thanks! It is a nice facility and good folks to work with...for the most part. Place has been there since 1967!! I've personally seen 9 plant managers come and go. They use our place as a stepping stone for their careers. I guess if you want to move every 2 to 3 years then that's the job for you. If you come by during the week some time, stop by and say hello!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Executive in the Telecommunications industry.....but fortunately still get my hands dirty regularly. I notice a lot of tech and engineering folks posting so far. Maybe a correlation?
Seriously. . . there seems to be a common trend here. On a related note, we're both in the same field, live in NY, have a Ford Expedition, a Chrysler Truck, and a 24' Yamaha boat. You know what they say about Great minds. . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So after serving in the Marine Corps as an 0627 (SatCom) I went to work in the private sector in the telecom field providing enterprise solutions . . . . I won't bore you with my grandiose, over exaggerated title. I'll just say I am responsible for the relationship between my company and a couple of fortune 50 clients. Everything from contracts to execution of whats in them. While I don't have any direct reports, I am responsible for directing the resources at my disposal to execute the designed objectives.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So after serving in the Marine Corps as an 0627 (SatCom) I went to work in the private sector in the telecom field providing enterprise solutions . . . . I won't bore you with my grandiose, over exaggerated title. I'll just say I am responsible for the relationship between my company and a couple of fortune 50 clients. Everything from contracts to execution of whats in them. While I don't have any direct reports, I am responsible for directing the resources at my disposal to execute the designed objectives.
Ain't it great when you actually love your work?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ain't it great when you actually love your work?
Best part of my work is I specialize in "Mobility Solutions". . . so I work from "home" 5 days/week and home is wherever I am connected to the internet which often times includes my boat. :winkingthumbsup"

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did 10 years in the commercial printing business prior which I loved too, but got sick of the downsizing and buyouts. Now I am a real estate Broker / Manager for a local Coldwell Banker Residential Branch. In my 14th year, 4+ years in branch management with 41 agents licensed out of my office.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@primedoc, I used to be an engineer for CSX as well. I left and went to Amtrak and currently work for Metro North Railroad.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@primedoc, I used to be an engineer for CSX as well. I left and went to Amtrak and currently work for Metro North Railroad.
According to FRA reg's can high speed cross overs be repaired by welding them ?

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
According to FRA reg's can high speed cross overs be repaired by welding them ?
@Devildog, not sure what you mean by welded. Cross overs have moving parts to enable a train to get for one track to another. I am not sure on the particulars with cross overs as I am not a civil or track engineer.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I was actually curious as to what your reply might be, that was more of an inside joke for my father who trolls here looking at my posts sometimes. He was 2nd Generation LIRR and used to tell stories (and still does) about waste, fraud, and abuse by the MTA in general. One of those storied included the welding of (some part of) a high speed cross over, which is explicitly prohibited by FRA Regs. The LIRR Bosses knew the reg's, ignored them, and wound up on the hook for a RIDICULOUS fine that I believe wound up in the RR Retirement Fund.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So what do you prefer to haul freight or people? I imagine people are probably more local / regional routes, but freight never gets an attitude and cannot talk or act stupid. LOL

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While I was actually curious as to what your reply might be, that was more of an inside joke for my father who trolls here looking at my posts sometimes. He was 2nd Generation LIRR and used to tell stories (and still does) about waste, fraud, and abuse by the MTA in general. One of those storied included the welding of (some part of) a high speed cross over, which is explicitly prohibited by FRA Regs. The LIRR Bosses knew the reg's, ignored them, and wound up on the hook for a RIDICULOUS fine that I believe wound up in the RR Retirement Fund.
@0627Devildog, the MTA is a big agency and if your dad spent an entire career at the LIRR/MTA, I'm sure he has seen and heard his fair share of experiences his time there. The railroad is a place like no other and some of the people are interesting to say the least.