• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BTW, I have worked in patrol, street drug unit, traffic, and now the motorcycle unit. The motorcycle unit is by far the best yet.
I rode bikes for about 7.5 years, probably my favorite assignment. Not quite the same as the motorcycle unit but I d wipeout a lot.

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What does 10-8 stand for in Tennessee? Here it's a burglary in progress.
Hey Chris. Varies in some areas, but most see it as 'in service'. In a lot of areas, it is also used as slang among LEOs, Describing something good or that they like as in "That new flashlight is 10-8!"

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think we hijacked the thread..10-8 is "in-service" here as well. What is DROP time, not familiar.

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
DROP defers retirement. You retire but stay on-duty for a minimum of 5 and a max of 8 years. The pension you would earn goes into an account along with a portion of your contributions, and you continue working. You then have a nice account when you are done. Saves the pension fund money because they continue to collect contributions from the members plus not as many retirees needing health benefits. I'm sure I'm not getting it exactly right bt that's the gist of it.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of telecom and software guys on here, that's pretty cool. I've been in telecom for 14 years, mostly in tech support. First 7 with BellSouth/AT&T and the past 6 years I have been with a software company that sells network monitoring software to telecoms, Unique. I am now branching over into a Sales Engineer type job. Applying real life network and process experience solutions for new and existing customers is my primary focus. I wouldn't mind talking shop with you telecom guys in a separate thread. You never know how we can help each other out.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As of Nov. 25, 2013....retired! Gotta love government work. Who else retires at 50!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Senor Configuration Engineer

DoubleTrouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sr. Manager doing process design and tooling for Cisco Systems in the services area.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I run an investigative unit that works financial crimes.
@leeatmg and @Aaron meet @Chris5105. LOL Just kidding guys. I worked as a stockbroker / financial advisor for a little while after finishing undergrad and figuring out what I wanted to do when I grew up.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow looks like nearly everyone is a techie, LEO, engineer, or pilot! I'm a PA (Physician Assistant) which is a misnomer. Most people think that means that we hand the doctor things and clean bedpans. PA school is a graduate level education, and mirrors the medical school curriculum. Whereas medical school is 4 years PA school is 2 years. We diagnose, manage and treat the same difficult / complex medical conditions as MDs. I live in a rural area where I grew up and own my own practice where I take care of many of the Yamaha employees who build our boats. 8 days until I pick the boat up!!

Last edited:

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Senior VP of Acquisitions and Capital Markets for a real estate development company. We build anything from medical office to ambulatory surgery centers to acute care facilities, but are now focusing on healthcare mixed use.
Do you guys do any design work? May build a new office in a few years and have some experience with commercial real estate so would like to not only build a medical office for myself, but also have enough room for 2-3 additional providers, lab, x-ray, physical therapy, a home health agency, and possibly a small on-site pharmacy to dispense non-scheduled medication. That's assuming healthcare is even a viable career in 2-3 years. I may have to find another line of work if Obamacare is fully implemented.

marc7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
18+ Years in the entertainment industry...Being in Austin TX and affiliated with Austin City Limits (we provide all lighting and control systems to the venue) has its perks...Everyday is like being at a concert around our office...
Now if I could just figure out how to install our newest light on my tower...

http://www.highend.com/

Cheers!

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm a restaurant guy, am I really the first one here? I feel so alone...