• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What do you guys play for tunes on the water?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I figured since I could not find a thread with this idea I would start one. I have created a station called Boating Fun on Pandora. It is seeded with artists like AWOL Nation, Maroon 5, Buster Poindexter, Bob Marley, LMFAO, etc. (Yes I am very much a child of the 80's so a few of those artists are in there too) Post up your stations etc. Mine are shared.

I know some like Spotify, me, I could take it or leave it. I pay $3 a month for no commercials on Pandora plus they always pop new stuff in so it works well for me since I do not listen to the radio to stay current in that respect.

Summer is a party, I am ready time to crank it up!

I have one song I play that's my start up song, its "Oh Yeah!" by Yello. Its got a good Bass line to it. My girlfriend laughs now when I play it. I'm going to put in sub this summer which will make it sound even better.

The BIG 98, WSIX outta NASHVILLE !
The number 1 Country Station in America ............. On wonderful iHeart radio !
http://www.thebig98.com/main.html

BAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one song I play that's my start up song, its "Oh Yeah!" by Yello. Its got a good Bass line to it. My girlfriend laughs now when I play it. I'm going to put in sub this summer which will make it sound even better.

I remember that song from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. :) My play list has a few familiar songs that when they come up always get a smile and laugh out of my age group.. (40 somethings) In fact I just added it as a seed to my 80's play list.

Just the ipod mainly. I'll occasionally tune on my free version of Pandora, but the commercials drive me nuts.

How about posting up your play list? I am always looking for good songs to seed with.

I remember that song from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. :) My play list has a few familiar songs that when they come up always get a smile and laugh out of my age group.. (40 somethings) In fact I just added it as a seed to my 80's play list.

We used to call that "The Twix Song."

How about posting up your play list? I am always looking for good songs to seed with.
We like 80's hairbands like Bon Jovi, Poison, and Def Leppard to jam to. We like to chill to Buffett and Kenny Chesney beachy songs. We also like Blue October at certain times and other random bands and 80's and 90's pop stuff. When I have Pandora on it's mainly tuned to red dirt Texas country like Randy Rodgers Band or the Josh Abbott Band or Stoney LaRue.

Depends a lot on our mood, but favorites include Jimmy Buffet, Kenny Chesney, Bob Marley, Greatful Dead, Zac Brown, Rush, U2, The Eagles, Dire Straights, Eric Clapton. There's just so much music!

I have been using Pandora, and use station Radioactive Radio... It is an awesome station, probably the best station I have found this far.....

I like the newer stuff for wake surfing, and wake boarding, for chilling I like Buffet, Marley and the like, anything soothing, helps the frosty beverages down... :)

OK ............I'll bite & offer THIS gem for your careful consideration:

Now I want to go out on my boat!!!!!

Now I want to be on my boat too with an ice cold Land Shark and a warm and sunny blue sky to go with it. So tired of all this rain and storms that we have been having lately.

I like to play around on internet radio at home, haven't tried it on the boat yet...will have to find a way to measure the data drain.

Warning with internet radio... Streams from many countries are 100% uncensored and can be - uh - a little surprising at times.
For example, we found a rock station out of Sweden called Rock Klassiker that plays a lot of music we like when in certain moods. Anyway, one day we were sitting down to eat dinner with our kids ages 8 - 12, with Rock Klassiker streaming through the kitchen speakers.

Yes, you know what's coming... the uncensored version of "%&*# Like a Beast" from W.A.S.P. comes on. Not being a huge fan, the first couple of chords caught my attention, but I couldn't quite place the song.
Suddenly, it dawned on me, and I am scrambling for my Yamaha app on my phone to switch stations. Wife catches on, and begins singing "LA-LA-LALAAALA-LA-LA" loudly to provide cover.

A couple days later, same thing, but this time it was "F.H.G. (%&*# Her Gently)" from Tenacious D (Jack Black's sort-of-metal band). This one both my wife and I knew it immediately and the scramble was a bit faster & more successful.
My then-12 year old daughter calmly looked up and deadpanned, "You know, maybe you guys shouldn't play Rock Klassiker while we are trying to eat dinner." :)

@jfkraus: Zac Brown Band & Jimmy Buffet - THAT pretty much closes "the Deal !"
KNEE DEEP - Don't git a whole lot better anywhere ! Thanks for sharing !

Around these parts, in Red Dirt Country, its (almost) always Red Dirt Radio!! [flag][flag][flag][flag][flag]

XM. Alt Nation, Lithium, Hair Nation, Octane, Backspin, or Liquid Metal if I'm solo. I've got several Spotify playlists downloaded to my phone as well, but they are extremely random. From Slayer to Beastie Boys to Jethro Tull.

Back