• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What do you guys play for tunes on the water?

Yellow card and breaking benjamin sound great in a cove on the water!

I have my old iPod hooked up in the boat. It has my mix of Eagles, Journey, REM, Rush, Ephram Lewis, Alabama, David Koz, Earth Wind & Fire and everything in between. I have very diverse tastes. :)

Yello, but not just the one song... I'm pretty sure I have everything ever released... Moby, a few Marillion tracks. They're always with me and are my staples. Others get swapped in based on mood... Lorde, Kate Bush, Billy Idol, Visage, The Cure, Feist, General Public, Front 242, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and sometimes Buckwheat Zydeco. :) Yes, I'm mostly trapped in the 80s and get a lot of "What is that?" comments from kids. :P

A product of the 70's mainly, but throw in some of the talent from Woodstock and mix it up with the rest. I hit the water and when I open it up leaving the no wake zone, I warm up the stereo with this
And when we get to the cove, it will be an assortment of 70's, 80's and even some 60's. I can drift with the country, and even chill with some jazz and blues. Occasionally, when the wine kicks in and the conversation is mellow, a little Andre Segovia hits the spot. But I am a Fleetwood Mac, Loggins and Messina, CCR, CSN, Eagles, Beatles (and the lineage that followed), even let YES and ELP have their time on stage again. And of course looking for the elusive drum solo that gives you goose bumps! It would be Ginger Baker while with Blind Faith in the early years but after Cream...here is one where Eric and Bruce just walk off and give in to an amazing and probably the foremost drummer in the world, Mr. Ginger Baker.
I play Cream and Blind Faith when I am remembering my youth and that drum solo doesn't get shared often, because it just isn't appreciated. And now, Do What You Like...
Do listen past the 9 minute mark to finish. It is some of the most talent you will hear on the drums.
You have to love the Blues/Jazz/Rock that Clapton and Company expanded.
I love my pod...30GB, the sound of my life.

Couple more additions before I go out and try my luck (ie, bad luck) @ fishing (Wish it was "catching" .........LOL !).
REDNECK YACHT CLUB by a great former Marine and great country star, Craig Morgan ...........

Last edited:
And here is Barbie's and my PERSONAL FAV !!!!!!!!!!!! This is a Gem Gift to y'all ..............
Not simply the Block Buster Hit by Toby Keith
RED SOLO CUP ...........
But get this .......... This is his uneditted personal performance version, complete !!!!!!!!!!!!
And for y'all who do not know the background on this ........... Google it .........
There are 2 "sets" of brothers who get together & compose country music for a living.
They also cut up and write joke songs
TO AMUSE THEMSELVES. JOKING SONGS.
Songs that are never to see the light of day. Like
Red Solo Cup.
Well, someone ELSE heard this ditty ............ took it to Toby ............ and the rest is #1 HITSMAKER HEADLINES !
I know y'all are gonna love this one. Ok ........... I'm off fishing now .............

Last edited:
Mostly iTunes radio Todays Country channel but at the sand bar getting after it it usually turns to EDM.

Radiohead and all of Tom York, Arcade Fire, Glass Animals, Gorillaz, M83, The National, Alt-J, Tame Impala. Jamie XX, The War on Drugs just to name a few. XMU radio. And a little Johnny Cash.

Radiohead and all of Tom York, Arcade Fire, Glass Animals, Gorillaz, M83, The National, Alt-J, Tame Impala. Jamie XX, The War on Drugs just to name a few. XMU radio. And a little Johnny Cash.
You are welcome to run my radio anytime! That's pretty close to my Spotify lists that I play on the boat, you are just missing some Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, Royal Blood, Crystal Method, Muse, Ok Go, etc.

Listen, I've told you guys before....everybody is tired of the same ol' country and or western, rock & roll, pop and all that other crap......you want to be the hit of Party Cove, you gotta blast that POLKA BABY!

GREAT STUFF!
:cool:

You are welcome to run my radio anytime! That's pretty close to my Spotify lists that I play on the boat, you are just missing some Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, Royal Blood, Crystal Method, Muse, Ok Go, etc.

sounds like a good play list.

Listen, I've told you guys before....everybody is tired of the same ol' country and or western, rock & roll, pop and all that other crap......you want to be the hit of Party Cove, you gotta blast that POLKA BABY!

GREAT STUFF!
:cool:

Now who doesn't like Polka? Just give me a few beers first.

@Glassman ............ gimme a break, Son ............... LOL !

The one song we always play when cruising the lake is Born Free by Kid Rock. We think it fits being on a boat greatly.

This is always a good mix to get the bodies to move... Emilioooooo!

I have been using Pandora, and use station Radioactive Radio... It is an awesome station, probably the best station I have found this far.....

track by imagine dragons?

R.I.P

Good suggestions (except for the Polka) - haha. I love Pandora but use Spotify because you can download the playlist before you head out and save your data plan. I have a huge plan, but I feel better not hearing the meter tick ... I'm listening to @PaulyB 's Radioactive list right now.

people get so confused on my boat if we throw it on a usb we have a few to choose from. one for wakeboarding one for surfing and one for just pitching anchor or driving around etc.. for wakeboarding its mostly older rap and some rock, for surfing its mostly dubstep style stuff, and for pitching anchor its everything from oldies to rap to country and if we get tired of the usb's pandora always gets the job done one way or another.

"Boats" by Kenny Chesney gets played just about every time out. It has been the 1st and last song of the season on the boat ever since it came out.

Here's a video I made in 2009 with pictures from our old boat using that song:

Back