• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you tow your 190 with?

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My Hyundai Palisade tows like a dream. The Suspension levels out and the back up camera is awesome.
1615834575428.png

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does Your Jeep do towing the Yamaha?
Not bad at all with V6, I think it did better job on the road than 2017 Ford Escape 2.0T (factory tow pkg), but Escape had better transmission cooling, especially when trying to backup the boat up the hill, Jeep transmission will start to smell after couple of failed attempts, Ford never did that. Since then I upgraded to BMW X3 but I didn't get a chance to tow with it yet.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Hyundai Palisade tows like a dream. The Suspension levels out and the back up camera is awesome.
View attachment 144365
Nice ride. Those are sharp looking SUV's.

The Palisade/Telluride was on my list at one point when searching for a replacement for the Sierra. Ended up ruling out everything with less than a 6k tow rating in anticipation of getting a 24ft boat within the lifetime of the next vehicle.

There is an AMAZING looking Telluride in the daycare drop off line. Black with black trim, has some brushed aluminum accents on it here and there to break it up. Looks super cool with the yellow marker lights on in the morning.

shrivel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How's is handle the 19 footer?
Just got back from a 600 mile round trip towing the AR192 with the Ridgeline. No problem at all - I definitely knew it was back there, but it would hold upper 60s/low 70s without too much of an issue.

Edit: On my way back, I left the bimini rolled up in its cover and attached to the tower like the Tacoma pic above. I quickly realized that created noticeable drag and once I took it off completely, the wind resistance was gone.

Last edited:

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Upgraded from the Honda Odyssey.
Black might have been a mistake :)DB00BFF0-162F-4707-B5BF-4FD143002FB6.jpeg

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I do still tow with my odyssey. I have an external transmission cooler and I added the airlift 1000 airbags. I have towed as far as 4 hours away with no issues.
I have the ball height at 20 inches (4 inch rise ball mount)even with the airbags it still sags 1 inch to level at 19inches. I have an aftermarket hitch curt which is below the bumper item hitch might not need as much rise.
Thanks. I will be towing with my Honda Odyssey as well once I get the boat, hopefully soon.

Will look at airlift also. How many people do you have in the minivan when you tow the boat with the Odyssey please?

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks. I will be towing with my Honda Odyssey as well once I get the boat, hopefully soon.

Will look at airlift also. How many people do you have in the minivan when you tow the boat with the Odyssey please?
4 of us in the Odyssey. 2 adults and 2 small children

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

I honestly would hold off on the airlift as I don’t think it is necessary. Unless your adding a bunch of weight in the rear of the van or in the bow of the boat. I used an Odyssey to tow a SX190 and it did well, now that all the 19’ers come with trailer brakes hopefully you don’t and rotor issues.

AuburnVFR

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ford F150 V8 on the road

Jeep TJ wrangler to put in and pull out at the small ramp in my in-laws yard.

No issues other than my trailer backing abilities. The ramp at their camp is about an inch wider than the wheel track of the trailer, so there is a lot of back and forth and cussing.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am new here... this is how I tow my 2022 195S

Works awesome and AWD will help on the slippery ramps.
View attachment 161475
Make sure you level your trailer or your rear tires and suspension will take a beating due to tongue weight. Couple ways to change tongue weight, height of hitch then fine tune by changing the bow roller.

boat is awesome in that color

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

IronJoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Make sure you level your trailer or your rear tires and suspension will take a beating due to tongue weight. Couple ways to change tongue weight, height of hitch then fine tune by changing the bow roller.

boat is awesome in that color
Thanks, trailer is leveled and my Honda doesn’t squat and can easily handle this tongue weight

Angle of the driveway and my shit picture doesn’t represent how it looks for real ;-)

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, trailer is leveled and my Honda doesn’t squat and can easily handle this tongue weight

Angle of the driveway and my shit picture doesn’t represent how it looks for real ;-)
Yeah my Grand Cherokee was rated for 6,200lbs and had air suspension wasn’t squatting but I ruined the tires in 14,000 miles with only 300lbs on the tongue. Upgraded to 1500 now. Hope the ridgeline does better for you.