• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What Gelcoat repair kit to use

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A guys looking for little help with my last season problem, little to say I bought my first Yamaha boat in 18 it is a AR195 and my second day out some dumb ass didn’t anchor his boat a a local sand bar and u guess it this boat hit mine and put a dime size chip in white Gelcoat above the water line, I have fix Gelcoat before on skis but where to get the Yamaha white from?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Call these folks they are fantastic and will match your white gelcoat, shipping is fast. SPECTRUM GELCOAT

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Call these folks they are fantastic and will match your white gelcoat, shipping is fast. SPECTRUM GELCOAT
I second Spectrum, I am in the process of using it now. My first attempt at it, and the color match looks spot on!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What they said!
The 2oz paste kit, spectrum carries the OEM gelcoat.
When ordering have your boat model and hull number ready.

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys,I think that’s The Who I used for a damaged spot on my Seadoo Rxt and was perfect think they are in Canada once again thanks and happy boating

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it’s the white portion of your hull I believe it’s their Yamaha fox trot color from spectrum. They haven’t updated the white color for a few years on their color guide. Best to call to confirm. I need to do the same once it warms up a little.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Speaking of gelcoats and repairs.... my ski (2015 v1sport) is all scratched up on the bottom. I read somewhere that it uses automotive paint not gelcoat. Is there any way to figure out if I should buy a generic black gelcoat repair kit or if I need something else ( aka automotive paint ) !!!!