• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the best mirror setup for a 19ft?

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to get a tower mirror for my AR195. What is the best one out there? Thanks

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No 21' but the mount should be fine. Check the other thread. It also discusses some tower mounts as well. The field of view is awesome.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chris D Nice mirror. I love mine. Can see a lot behind and to the sides.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chris D tske some pictures. I was debating on this mirror but though it might be to big on the 19ft boats.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@B0at1n It is big, but that is why I got it. I moved mine to the right side of the drivers window shield just before a bit over the bend where the window starts to curve. That way it doesn't obstruct my forward view and if I am standing I can just tilt it up a bit and see everything around me. The field of view is great. The price tag wasn't, but you can't put a price on safety.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve used both that CIPA 180 and also a tower mount one, boat is 2019 AR195. Both have pros and cons.

The CIPA one is nice and gives a great field of view. On the 19 I had a bit of a time finding a good spot to mount it. I ended up with it on the passenger side windshield. Downside to it is that it really didn’t fold “out of the way” when not using it. Also the morning cover goes over it but it does stretch tightly over it (imprints in the fabric). Not super fast to take on/off since requires hex wrench (also large to store).

Right now I have a tower mounted mirror from Big Air. Also a good field of view that shows behind the boat well, but not as wide as the CIPA. At least for this mirror, I wish the mounting post was a big longer to get the mirror more in front of me, it’s a bit higher now than I’d like it (I have to look up to see it). I think the Krypt mirror mount is a bit longer from what I’ve read here. Nice that it’s on the tower so no problem with the mooring cover. Downside is that I’ve smacked my head on it a few times when I forget it’s up there.

I don’t take my tower down so that’s not a problem, but if you have to then a tower mounted one is going to get in the way. The CIPA one would be the better option in that case.

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree about the Cipa Vision 180 being a great mirror. Here are some pics on the AR190. I actually have an extra base if you’re interested.

42760C4E-D5C1-4AB5-B522-6B2B9005BD06.jpeg18FA8F15-315E-4890-A204-3043E7C794C8.jpeg521A7ED5-0F21-4BB3-ACF6-C678239C1F37.jpeg

JetboatDrvr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Two questions:
1) did you have to use a shim on your windshield for the clamp? My CIPA mirror clamp doesn't get small enough for a secure fit.
2) How much for the extra base? (if it does fit well)

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have it listed for $50 but can take 40. Yes it came with a shim for the clamp and tightens down pretty good.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I recently traded someone here for a Big Air mirror for my 2019 AR195. I wanted something more "out of the way" so I tried the tower mounted option. I found the original mount arm was a bit too short for my preference since it positioned the mirror more vertically over my head instead of forward. It worked OK but wasn't super comfortable to use.

I went to a local machine shop and had an extension made that fits between the tower mount and the mirror mount. It's about a 6-7" extension tube with male/female M12 threads. It's perfect now! Mirror is just where I want it. The best part is the guy only charged me a case of beer to make it.

Attachments

Last edited:

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I ordered this one from amazon CIPA 02022 Extreme 7" x 20" Marine Mirror

Should be here in a week. I will let you know how it turns out

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently traded someone here for a Big Air mirror for my 2019 AR195. I wanted something more "out of the way" so I tried the tower mounted option. I found the original mount arm was a bit too short for my preference since it positioned the mirror more vertically over my head instead of forward. It worked OK but wasn't super comfortable to use.

I went to a local machine shop and had an extension made that fits between the tower mount and the mirror mount. It's about a 6-7" extension tube with male/female M12 threads. It's perfect now! Mirror is just where I want it. The best part is the guy only charged me a case of beer to make it.
That's awesome. What do you do when trailering?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My boat is wet slipped so I don’t really trailer, but when I need to remove it there’s a single bolt that separates the mirror from the tower mount.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Have a link to that mirror by any chance? I want to copy your setup :D :D

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe it is this mirror. Big Air only seems to have one type available. I traded someone on this site for it, so I'm technically the second owner.

I can take some detailed pictures for you if you need.