• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What kind of speakers should i buy to replace facotory 6.5"?

MX71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just ordered the infinity 612M to replace the 4 stock speakers in my boat. I have a 10" sub & tower speakers already, but inside the boat need replaced. Hopefully this makes a big improvement.

Attachments

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you want a pretty good upgrade over stock for not much money and hassle, the Polk db651 is a good choice around $70/pair. If you want a substantial upgrade then there are a wide range of options and prices. How important and how much budget would be the next question.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9110_Polk-Audio-db651s.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp3597645&gclid=CPLLoOS108QCFUkkgQodsEQAEQ
These are the replacements I bought. They work well, but keep in mind I only have the stock stereo and really do not crank up to max.

BigJudy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have experience with the Polk Audio db651's and the Infinity Marine Speakers @Bruce mentions. I have the Polk Audio db651's in my Jeep with no amp and they sound very very good. I have the Infinity Marine Speakers in my boat, running with an amp, and they too sound extremely good.

So, basically, I have no problem recommending either one of these.
how dark did you go with the tint on your windows? how is your visibility?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
how dark did you go with the tint on your windows? how is your visibility?
@BigJudy I went with the 5% cling on tint. It's thicker tint and handles the curve of the window better. I can see out okay during the day. Definitely not at night. But I stand up most of the time I'm driving anyway.

Here is a link to the thread when a bunch of us started getting our windows tinted. https://jetboaters.net/threads/for-those-with-tinted-windshield.1744/page-4

And here is a photo of my son driving my boat. Shows how you can see through the front windshield.

20140614_115452 (1).jpg

Boarder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed an awesome Rockford Fosgate system in my 2008 AR230. (4) 6.5" coax full range speakers that kick butt.
Also added (2) 1000watt 4 channel Rockford amps, (2) ten inch subs and a pair of 8" wake tower cans. Also the bigest head unit they have and two remotes. Sounds amazing and i higjly recomemd the Rockford marine products!