• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What kinda deals are people getting on 15's?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I live in San Diego California, it was 88° today. I'm just saying :)
Have fun building sand castles on the beach , I mean dried up lake bed!!!! :D:D

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure how accurate this site is but they show dealer cost for a new AR240 around 45,854 plus shipping and prep.

http://www.seedealercost.com/products/manufacturer-models/index/id/75/productCategorySlug/boats?year-select=2015
Boy, don't know how they can stay open with a dealer cost on the 242 Limited of $492,878.00 from that chart! ;)
Assuming the numbers are right - the profit is from just less than 13% to 15%, and that there's a pretty big jump for the 212x and 242s.

Again, if the numbers are right, the deal we were offered of $47k for an SX240 with extended warranty, two covers, and a few baubles seems pretty fair (though I'm still looking for better!).

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Total price for a brand new (not demo) 2015 ar240 before tax is $52,400.00. Including shipping, license fee, sticker, galvanized trailer and a cover. The deal is supposed to happen this week.
<$53k>out the door>2015 AR 240, galvanized trailer however, with duel batt set up and shower wash down off the stern. Looking for a 5 year warranty, Top line cover...then may do it at end of the month. I can buy from many dealers as I will travel for savings. Already approved financing.

Would you add those rudders off the jet drives? Even with the new hull I still felt helpless maneuvering (coming from a twin shaft drives)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mauimike , I am not sure if the fins are compatible with the new AR, but I am sure that @JetBoatPilot could answer that for you.

More substantively, I did without fins for three years and just installed some. You will find several threads here debating the pros/cons. For me, I think the bottom line is that without fins driving takes some getting used to, but is very possible (with comfort). You have to learn to not oversteer. However, the fins do add responsiveness and will probably make you feel a lot more comfortable starting out. You should not expect a miracle; while the difference is notable, I don't think I would call it overwhelming.

IMHO, etc.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The new Thrust Vector XV's were built to work with the new Articulating Keel system. I have personally operated our AR240 with the fins installed and without and I can tell you that adding the fins will help with slow speed handling and responsiveness.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I went to the Charlotte Boat show in hopes of seeing the AR240 in person, they didnt have one...only had the 242LS. I wanted to talk to the guys about potential trade and deals, but after they sales guys (Hall Marine) didnt speak to me for over 20 minutes of being there, i figured I would buy from someone else when the time comes
@jlcj7 if you are interested in getting something new contact Harper Cycle and Marine up in Hendersonville, NC near Ashville. I bought my 07 SX230 from them last year and sent my buddy up there to get a 2014 AR192 because Hall Marine was jacking him around. They are a great group up there and will help you out. If you do talk to them tell them Colin from Charlotte sent you.

http://www.harpercycle.com/