• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What kinda deals are people getting on 15's?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just went to the SF boat show last Sunday. My primary reason for going was to see the 2015 242 ls that my local dealer called to tell me would be at the show. I was not disappointed. It looks great on paper and amazing in person. The boat they had was black, my wife wants the gray one. That said we won't be buying one, ever. Not because it isn't a great boat but because we (more like I) can't justify the the cost.

My dealer is the only one around for about 300 miles and their prices reflect this. For example, the 10 hour service is basically an oil and lube job, they charge $800 for it. I went to see the first 2015 242ls they got a few months ago, it was preordered so I couldnt climb aboard and check it out. They sold it for $63k plus taxes and fees, no extended warranty or extras, just the boat, trailer and shipping cover (and maybe a starter kit with a few key hole vests, etc.).

When I asked what the out the door boat show cost would be for me (they have already ran my credit and are familiar with me) the answer was simple and immediate: $63k plus taxes and fees (sales tax in my county is 9.5%, so right around $70k the "extras" include a 5 year Yes warranty and a starter kit. They have had five 242 ls come in so far, three were preordered or sold soon after they were reveived. The other two were delivered a day before the boat show and the one at the show sold there.

The bottom line for me is that my dealer charges MSRP plus fees, if I don't like it they don't care because someone will based on their sales history. I could probably get a better deal if I shopped in scal (400 miles away) but the savings could quickly erode after accounting for lodging, gas and my time.

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ronnie : Sorry to read this (above). I understand. But it's still not a good position to be in, in your situation.
Well, all we can hope is that something in the near future will "open up" that "speaks to you."
In the meantime, please enjoy the rest of your week ! Blessed Wishes your way, Mikey Lulejian

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was still nice to be able to see the new ls in person and my wife and I resumed our conversation regarding the last boat we will buy (probably something under 40' long that we can stay weekends on).

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went to the boat show today. Deal I got on a new AR240 was 53K even. He added in the Galv trailer, Coast Guard Package, Bow and Cockpit covers, 5 year extended warranty and he will drill out and add 2 chrome rod holders in the back. Now its all up to the bank. Pray for me!!

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Purchased a new grey 242ls at the Hartford boat show today. 63k- ish out the door. Wetsounds Icon 8.8 tower speakers, wetsounds 6 channel amp, canvas snap on cover, coastguard package, 5 year warranty, 3.99%. Very excited new boat owner over here.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's where I was. How did you get your financing done there? He said he would run the apps on Monday.

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You're right Sub... my fault, the financing portion won't be run until Monday... but credit won't be an issue, just semantics at this point.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you got a better deal. I may need to call him back. I asked about tower speakers and he wanted another $1100 for icon 8's with amp installed.

Jrash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went to the boat show today. Deal I got on a new AR240 was 53K even. He added in the Galv trailer, Coast Guard Package, Bow and Cockpit covers, 5 year extended warranty and he will drill out and add 2 chrome rod holders in the back. Now its all up to the bank. Pray for me!!
That deal is a flat out steel :)

Jrash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Purchased a new grey 242ls at the Hartford boat show today. 63k- ish out the door. Wetsounds Icon 8.8 tower speakers, wetsounds 6 channel amp, canvas snap on cover, coastguard package, 5 year warranty, 3.99%. Very excited new boat owner over here.
Another great deal, you must be psyched.

Brian Spillane

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you guys are dealing with Brian from G+R marine ... He is a great guy and will bend over backwards to make you happy ... Purchased my AR24o from him

Ahinchman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2015 Space Blue AR240, YES warranty, mooring cover, jet boat pilot seats, galvanized trailer plus extras. $53,450 out the door (taxes and registration included)

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK I'm starting to think I didn't get such a great deal. Mine didn't include taxes and reg, that's another 3K.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey there, @Brian Spillane !@

Good to see ya here ! Hope you're enjoying yourself !
How 'bout some photos of your KEWL boat ? !~
Best Wishes and looking forward to more from you ........ Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

And oh yeah ............

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 6 Brian Spillane.jpg

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went to the Charlotte Boat show in hopes of seeing the AR240 in person, they didnt have one...only had the 242LS. I wanted to talk to the guys about potential trade and deals, but after they sales guys (Hall Marine) didnt speak to me for over 20 minutes of being there, i figured I would buy from someone else when the time comes

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2015 Space Blue AR240, YES warranty, mooring cover, jet boat pilot seats, galvanized trailer plus extras. $53,450 out the door (taxes and registration included)
@Ahinchman -- Welcome aboard! Beautiful new boat you have. You and yours will love it.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jicj7 The Hartford show was the same. Although they had ALL the Yamaha's on display and you basically had to wait in line to talk to a salesman because they were so busy. We walked around and kept coming back until we could talk to someone. Had a chance to look at the Chaparrals VRX's right across the isle. I cant imagine they sold too many. The sign with the price would draw people in because it was a few grand lower than the Yami but when you started to look at WASN'T included, like a trailer, tower or floor carpeting it quickly added up to a lot more then the Yamaha's.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MikeyL I did see your review and I have to say I didn't even know about those boats until I read it. I looked in to them a lot after reading it and actually posted a couple more items on your post. We have always been sold on Yamaha quality with our snowmobiles so we will stick with Yamaha boats.