• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

what rpms are you seeing?

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Sorry for so many questions, What rpms are you guys seeing on your 300hp? my boat did do 49pmh and sometimes 50 but i cant recall what rpms i was seeing at that. i know in the skis they do 8 to 8200. my boat now is doing 41 to 43 and turning 7500-7700 rpms. my boat does have 55hours on it and never had the wear ring changed so i will be doing that the next few days here. just looking for some more info!

thanks guys

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I can't comment on the RPMs for the 300hp, hopefully someone else can along with top speed.

But does your wear ring need to be changed? This is something that only needs to be changed if it actually has wear on it (or the impeller of course). Tight clearance is important, but unless you see damage, deeper grooves, etc. You shouldn't have to change this. I'm at over 170h and on my original impeller and ring. Every thing is perfect still and running normal. I inspect it periodically, but that's it.

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I can't comment on the RPMs for the 300hp, hopefully someone else can along with top speed.

But does your wear ring need to be changed? This is something that only needs to be changed if it actually has wear on it (or the impeller of course). Tight clearance is important, but unless you see damage, deeper grooves, etc. You shouldn't have to change this. I'm at over 170h and on my original impeller and ring. Every thing is perfect still and running normal. I inspect it periodically, but that's it.
yep i here what your saying. im sure there will be a story told when i take the pump off to see what im dealing with

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
FYI, you can inspect the impeller and ring through the grate with a good flash light. You can also look at the other side by looking inside the jet nozzle with a flash light there too. In case you're taking it off just for that reason.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry for so many questions, What rpms are you guys seeing on your 300hp? my boat did do 49pmh and sometimes 50 but i cant recall what rpms i was seeing at that. i know in the skis they do 8 to 8200. my boat now is doing 41 to 43 and turning 7500-7700 rpms. my boat does have 55hours on it and never had the wear ring changed so i will be doing that the next few days here. just looking for some more info!

thanks guys
Unless you sucked up a sandbox or some rocks, your wear ring should be fine. A bad wear ring would result in cavitation, which is a slipping feeling on acceleration. A reduction in RPM is not likely related to this. You are pushing around more weight than a ski does, so max RPM may be less.

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
i understand you pushing more weight than a ski. im just hunting a problem of why i lost speed. In the jet ski world of seadoo i change wear rings ever 20 to 25 hours to keep it right. the lake that im on is not very deep.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

thanks guys
I got about 47-48 mph on my 2019 195 300hp yesterday at around 7600-7700 rpm. That's about as fast as it's ever gone. I was solo and the boat's got about 35 hours to date.

as I posted in another thread, the Product Information Guide says that this boat should do around 44 at 7500 rpm and 48 at WOT (whatever that is).

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
WOT= wide open throttle

thanks for your info. im going to pull the pump then. thats what its point at if your getting that with those rpms

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Sea-Doo rxt ski lost 2-300rpm from spring to summer with the heat and lost 5-6 mph on top .if the ring is wore I would think you would get higher rpms

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length