• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What should I get....

This is my 6th boat lol. I didnt think I needed a boat bigger than 19' and I still stand by that. I dont NEED anything bigger. What is NEED is more power. In comparison, I test drove this boat with three people in it. Empty. It had PLENTY of power and felt like it would do fine. Obviously, I wasnt able to find anyone to let me ride on it with someone in tow to feel what I feel now. I was intrigued by the Jet drive and low maintenance and it being a Yamaha I know itll last. It feels like it has more torque than my last 18' ski with a 4.3 Merc I/O. Obviously not, whenever I make a turn.

A lesson to be learned, though, is to remember that your first boat is just that... your FIRST boat. You're going to get another. Your first boat is the one where you figure out what you really want, and really need. My first boat was a '94 Marada. .

I understand where you are coming from, believe me this is far from my first boat, it is actually # 13 or 14 if memory serves. I have owned used boats, bought beaters and fixed them up etc and even had a really nice 40' Sport Fish that my dad and I built from the hull up and we used to tournament fish with. I am buying new for a few reasons, 1 is it is fresh to do with what I want how I want and there is no doubt in what problems lie beneath, been there done that and at this point in my life I have enough projects to do that I do not need another. 2 I am happy with my 192, I am not disappointed in it at all, I just realized it is not powerful enough for my needs, the room is there, the power is not but for a smaller family it is an outstanding boat. I am at a point I can take it or leave it, I am approved to buy much more of a boat if I wanted but I don't. I will sell mine outright or I will keep it and deal with knowing it's limitations when the whole family is on board.

Back