• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

what would be the best spray lube protection for impeller, shaft, housing , transom , nozzel ect .?

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When Winterizing i usually spray some wd40 lightly to coat everything from drive shaft to nozzel , impeller and housing .. then put a heavy black garbage bag over each nozzle in rear and wrap a band of gorrilla tape over it to cover them for winter . However wd40 might be too penetrating and dissolve or corrode the sealants , IE life caulk , silicone, and 4200? as well as any locktite in bolts..

so Im thinking either yamashield or fluid film ... i love fluid film and its hands down the best for trailer and bolts .. and keeps rust away awesomely !! however we are talking about aluminum and softer parts here than steel ... and it does leave a heavy thick slimey coating on everything BUT !!! it states its NON penetrating and does not harm metals as its lanolin based .... what are your thoughts guys ?? and please dont say it doesnt need any protection .. i know it may not but i have OCD lol .. so im spraying it with something .....

thanks guys ..

seems to be a big debate on yamaha silicone vs yamashield .. one does better job for metal surfaces but may be too harmful for adhesives , other is weaker on metal but safer for rubbers and adhesives ... yamashield states it has solvents ... fluid film is solvent free

seems to be a big debate on yamaha silicone vs yamashield .. one does better job for metal surfaces but may be too harmful for adhesives , other is weaker on metal but safer for rubbers and adhesives ... yamashield states it has solvents ... fluid film is solvent free

Haven't come across a debate..... Was it on this forum or did you read it somewhere else?

Haven't come across a debate..... Was it on this forum or did you read it somewhere else?

no elsewhere i saw on net .... bottom line i like yamashield and silicone spray .. but they are not solvent free ... fluid film is best but way to messy and thick .. but it is solvent free

I like the CRC 656, use it on the motors and all running gear components. Sprays easy with a garden sprayer. Get a sprayer with the tip that you can angle, then you can get under the motor and nooks and crannies.

I Use a light coat of CRC heavy duty corrosion spray on engines and drivelines, waterproof grease on the pivots and bell cranks... it kinda reminds me of ACF-50 we used on airplanes. Permatex antisieze, on threads, tefgel on the superstructure, and battery terminal protector on electrical connections.

Yamalube, most of the motorcycle chain waxes would work to, they protect without being harsh on any of the rubber.

I would be careful with the garbage bags, they can hold moisture, I would recommend the covers they make for tower speakers, I got some for my speakers on Amazon, they have a little vent for water to escape and velcro/pull strings that would probably fit over the nozzles.

stay away from solvents use straight silicone spray be careful as some have solvents in them I use this one

Attachments

• 61Kkh6h7stL._AC_SL1499_.jpcrc silicone spray.jpg
    61Kkh6h7stL._AC_SL1499_.jpcrc silicone spray.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 15
Also spray all the nozzle and reverse bucket pivot points with white lithium grease about once a month . Also tie rod ends and rudder pivot points on the AK boats

Attachments

• white lithium.jpeg
    white lithium.jpeg
    703.6 KB · Views: 12
Back