• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What years had a grey paint scheme?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We say a beautiful Grey/Blue AR240 on the way home Monday. Was a slightly older model as evidenced by the lack of forward swept tower. Wife loved the color combo.

This was in front of the Patoka Lake Winery in Birdseye IN around 5:30pm on Memorial Day Monday if it's anyone here.

I'm also curious if the combination of "flip up" passenger seating and 1.8L engines exists.

Not looking to buy currently (hospital bills are coming in hot), but want to get my search terms figured out, as well as expand my Yamaha knowledge.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it was that 2014 that @BigAbe75 posted there. I should've taken a picture, but I'm pretty certain it had those blue accents on the side. The 2013 @zipper posted doesn't have the blue bits.

Anyone with that "interior style" comment on how useful that passenger seat setup is? We really like the option to go between a bench and a chair in that location.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here’s one in the wild.... though decals have been removed. Every time I’ve been on this boat, that bench has been extended and empty ballast stuff is stored underneath it. I’ve never seen it in upright seat configuration.
93DD3B22-AFB4-4D84-B125-8BB93E9C2FEC.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback @BigAbe75 I think I like that tower style better than the new forward swept ones. Hard to say really, as I haven't seen one in person.

We really like our bench, like 90% of the time. 10% of the time we hate it and wish it was a regular seat.

Maybe I just need to figure out how to fabricate my own "flip-up" seat for the 190's and try it out?