• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When do the 2016 models start?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well after talking to the wife last night she has agreed we can get a boat for our family!! I showed her some of y'all's boat pics, vids, etc so thanks for your help convincing :D!! We have a 5 year old daughter that loves swimming and I grew up on the lake with awesome memories so I'm hoping we can share the same great fun as I did growing up. Who knows, maybe we will see you guys at the 2016 Bimini trip ;)

As much as I love the 242 LS I just can't justify the added cost of most of the features plus I like the white interior more than the beige, so I think an AR240 is in our future. I really like the graphics combo of the white and black and the space blue one is real cool looking as well. Wife preferred the white/black though so whatever makes momma happy. I'm pumped I got the green light but I have to wait until my truck is paid off in February. Waiting and missing out in this season is going to suck but I recently had surgery last week so its not like I could be on the water anyways for most of the year. That makes waiting for next year a little easier pill to swallow. If anything it may also help me find a leftover 2015 at a discounted price as they try to move them out to make room for the 2016's.

That got me thinking about the 2016 models and when they start to come out at dealers? I suspect sometime around the fall season but I figured you guys know Yamaha's trend over the years. I'm guessing since they made so many improvements to the 2015 models that the new ones will likely just be new graphics and maybe interior upholstery design?

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome! We are glad you found us. The new boats come out in August each year. A leftover might be a good choice for you. This year should be minor graphics and color changes for the 240s, but possibly some bigger changes for the 212s this year or next.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool, I figured maybe late October so August gives me more time to waffle back and forth :D. All depends on the color options of course. This is going to be a long torturous wait I think but at least I can start my mod list in my head and should have a good game plan by the time I'm ready to purchase!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I were you, I would buy @JetBoatPilot model they sell at the end of the year.
Hmm are they new and offer the same warranties? Aren't they located in Panama City Beach, Fl? We usually go there once or twice at the end of summer when most tourists are gone and I planned on stopping by their dealership.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Used, normally about 20 hrs on them. Will from there checks the site so Im sure he could contact you. But if you wanna save some cash, and know the boat was taken care of, that is a no brainer. I believe he only buys one model per year to put all the mods on so you would have to see which 2015 he is using this year.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I will be sure to swing by there to meet them later this year on our vacation.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I could be wrong, but I think they are using the 2015 AR240 Blue. Go to there website, look at JPB edition packages, scroll through the pics. There is one with 3 boats side by side with the packages installed, the one on the far left looks like the blue 2015 240

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will also decks out his boats with lots of nice mods. Great idea...

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If I didnt get my 212X I would go that route in a minute..Not sure if he has the factory 1 yr warranty, or if its the 5 yr. But i think you can upgrade the warranty as long as the previous warranty does not expire

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well after talking to the wife last night she has agreed we can get a boat for our family!! I showed here some of y'all's boat pics, vids, etc so thanks for your help convincing :D!! We have a 5 year old daughter that loves swimming and I grew up on the lake with awesome memories so I'm hoping we can share the same great fun as I did growing up. Who knows, maybe we will see you guys at the 2016 Bimini trip ;)

As much as I love the 242 LS I just can't justify the added cost of most of the features plus I like the white interior more than the beige, so I think an AR240 is in our future. I really like the graphics combo of the white and black and the space blue one is real cool looking as well. Wife preferred the white/black though so whatever makes momma happy. I'm pumped I got the green light but I have to wait until my truck is paid off in February. Waiting and missing out in this season is going to suck but I recently had surgery last week so its not like I could be on the water anyways for most of the year. That makes waiting for next year a little easier pill to swallow. If anything it may also help me find a leftover 2015 at a discounted price as they try to move them out to make room for the 2016's. That got me thinking about the 2016 models and when they start to come out at dealers? I suspect sometime around the fall season but I figured you guys know Yamaha's trend over the years. I'm guessing since they made so many improvements to the 2015 models that the new ones will likely just be new graphics and maybe interior upholstery design?
@haknslash I am in the same boat, no pun intended as you :) Looking for a 21 footer now since these guys told me 19 was a waste ha ha..... I cant wait to ask about mods, because my wallet is going to go from being fat to zero real quick LOL

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and pre-congratulations!

I was in the same boat as you (every pun intended) and went the same direction. Very happy with the purchase. You won't regret an AR240.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(eek! for the record, i was typing my pun as @chess was posting his... so we were uncoordinated in this effort)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
To add icing to these post similarities, I also previously had a 96 Sea Doo PWC like @chess :D. Please tell me yours isn't an XP limited lol? I miss that fast rocketship! The X4 hull was amazing and that 800cc 110hp 2 stroke was no slouch on power per weight ratio!

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 2016 models will be announced at the dealer meeting in Nassau in August. They will start showing up at dealers after that. One of the first 2015 deliveries was Sept 15th, 2014.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To add icing to these post similarities, I also previously had a 96 Sea Doo PWC like @chess :D. Please tell me yours isn't an XP limited lol? I miss that fast rocketship! The X4 hull was amazing and that 800cc 110hp 2 stroke was no slouch on power per weight ratio!
@haknslash yup it sure was LOL LOL !!!!!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree that a leftover could be the right deal for you. Other than graphics, I don;t expect to see any difference on the 2016 24' boats.

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Dealer meeting is not in the Bahamas any more.. it's back in FL for this year..... and you will be excited......expect the unexpected....