• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When do the 2016 models start?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
24' Center consoles?

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Where are you located in Alabaster? I live in Alabaster. So far I havent seen many Yamaha Jet boats so itll be good to have another in the area!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where are you located in Alabaster? I live in Alabaster. So far I havent seen many Yamaha Jet boats so itll be good to have another in the area!
I'm just down past publix off of Butler road. :)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Somebody needs to start a rumor that Yamaha is redesigning the 212X so I can start dreaming. #1 issue to resolve is the noise.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it too early to start the official 2016 boat release thread? Lol

Hope the dealer meeting is close by me!

I expect to see...... Oh wait...... I'll wait for somebody to start the above mentioned thread!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm far from knowing what is coming but if I had to hazard a guess it would be an all new 19 series and an all new 21 series along with a dedicated surf/wake boat and an ultra lux 24' boat... But again I'm far from knowing ;)

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really hope that they apply the "quiet cruise" sound reduction stuff from the 24 footers to the smaller models.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since we are straying far off topic, I have started a thread for 2016 debates.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Im right past Butler road off 119, Green Valley! Crazy we are so close haha.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do the new yamaha models typically show up at the October boat shows, particularly the Annapolis Powerboat show? I am headed there this year and wondering if they will have the 2016's on display.

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Grab a '15 with 2.99% for up to 180 months, free 5-yr warranty, plus $1000 off of AR/SX 190's currently. They also have a 5-yr trade in program if you want more boat later.

The 190 seems like plenty of boat for a family of 4-6 like us. Plus I think the 19's would be easier to sell to a weekender family like us.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@buckbuck the 2015 212X/212SS share all the same components (engine and drivetrain wise that was changed to reduce noise) as the 2015 242's other than the insulation. So with a little addition of insulation you can get them quiet. It is on my winter mod list.

Al H.O.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well after talking to the wife last night she has agreed we can get a boat for our family!! I showed her some of y'all's boat pics, vids, etc so thanks for your help convincing :D!! We have a 5 year old daughter that loves swimming and I grew up on the lake with awesome memories so I'm hoping we can share the same great fun as I did growing up. Who knows, maybe we will see you guys at the 2016 Bimini trip ;)

As much as I love the 242 LS I just can't justify the added cost of most of the features plus I like the white interior more than the beige, so I think an AR240 is in our future. I really like the graphics combo of the white and black and the space blue one is real cool looking as well. Wife preferred the white/black though so whatever makes momma happy. I'm pumped I got the green light but I have to wait until my truck is paid off in February. Waiting and missing out in this season is going to suck but I recently had surgery last week so its not like I could be on the water anyways for most of the year. That makes waiting for next year a little easier pill to swallow. If anything it may also help me find a leftover 2015 at a discounted price as they try to move them out to make room for the 2016's.

That got me thinking about the 2016 models and when they start to come out at dealers? I suspect sometime around the fall season but I figured you guys know Yamaha's trend over the years. I'm guessing since they made so many improvements to the 2015 models that the new ones will likely just be new graphics and maybe interior upholstery design?
Well after talking to the wife last night she has agreed we can get a boat for our family!! I showed her some of y'all's boat pics, vids, etc so thanks for your help convincing :D!! We have a 5 year old daughter that loves swimming and I grew up on the lake with awesome memories so I'm hoping we can share the same great fun as I did growing up. Who knows, maybe we will see you guys at the 2016 Bimini trip ;)

As much as I love the 242 LS I just can't justify the added cost of most of the features plus I like the white interior more than the beige, so I think an AR240 is in our future. I really like the graphics combo of the white and black and the space blue one is real cool looking as well. Wife preferred the white/black though so whatever makes momma happy. I'm pumped I got the green light but I have to wait until my truck is paid off in February. Waiting and missing out in this season is going to suck but I recently had surgery last week so its not like I could be on the water anyways for most of the year. That makes waiting for next year a little easier pill to swallow. If anything it may also help me find a leftover 2015 at a discounted price as they try to move them out to make room for the 2016's.

That got me thinking about the 2016 models and when they start to come out at dealers? I suspect sometime around the fall season but I figured you guys know Yamaha's trend over the years. I'm guessing since they made so many improvements to the 2015 models that the new ones will likely just be new graphics and maybe interior upholstery design?

Al H.O.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Just ordered The 2017 Scarab 195 Platinum HO custom. Expecting it to be at Marine Max the last week in June. Fingers crossed.