• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where did you put your swim deck radio remote?

Rob15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am going to be installing a swim deck remote and wanted to see where everyone else has put theirs. I am not sure if I want it in the middle or off to one side. Post photos if you have them. Thanks!

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just installed mine yesterdayimage.jpeg

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are these available for the stock 2015 radio? I want to put one at the helm and the transom.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes they are. I'm wiring up for a MW4 at the helm right now. It will be here Thursday. Y adapter and 2nd harness got here today. Pics to follow. Here is the MW4 I am mounting just behind the throttle and the MW1 is on the swim platform. image.jpeg

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Rather than cut holes and run wires, I bought the Clarion MF1 RF remote. I keep it in a clear waterproof pouch and put it in one of the rear cupholders or hang it off a cleat. I keep it in the glove box when not needed.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
This is also one of many options and may be my 3rd. Read reviews look at the balance in your check book and do what will work for you. The system will support up to 3 remotes.

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I don't think I saved much money using the RF remote. I had just completed installing my dual battery and onboard charging system and didn't feel like doing any more wiring projects for awhile.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I don't think I saved much money using the RF remote. I had just completed installing my dual battery and onboard charging system and didn't feel like doing any more wiring projects for awhile.
Totally understood. Individual wired remotes gets costly quick. MW1 and MW4 with Y harness and both extension cables ran me $500 and my time to install. The RF is an excellent option at 1/5 the cost and the benefit of no drilling. I'm pretty impressed with the multitude of options available with the Clarion head unit.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Rather than cut holes and run wires, I bought the Clarion MF1 RF remote. I keep it in a clear waterproof pouch and put it in one of the rear cupholders or hang it off a cleat. I keep it in the glove box when not needed.
I used the MF-1 remote too, but I made a little suction cup mount for it from an old radar detector so I can attach it by the throttle while driving and move it to the transom when we're sitting back there chilling.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/for-anyone-using-a-clarion-mf1.7038/

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well, the MW4 is a total POS. They say it is compatible with the MW1 and other wired remotes when connected to an M505 but it's not. Power function will not work on or off , the volume knob lags big time and then will randomly scroll volume up then down... It's being returned and a second MW1 will go at the helm. Very disappointed.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
2nd MW1 done. Relocated the kill switch. Very happy and everything works great. image.jpegimage.jpeg

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That is a great location, right there so you can turn it up when you are putting your drink away...after you turn it up. ;)

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That is a great location, right there so you can turn it up when you are putting your drink away...after you turn it up. ;)
I like the way you think.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
image.jpeg I did. After learning from the transom install that my fat arms did not fit well through a cup holder , I went to West Marine and found the access ports. Made the install a breeze.