• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where does your boat sleep?

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Besides boating, I have spent a bit of time on the weekends building my baby a new home. No it’s not fully enclosed, but will keep a majority of the weather off of it. Glad it’s finally complete, now I can spend more time back on the water with the family.14E8CB9D-F793-4261-9AA1-CAF09955AE29.jpegAAAA6800-8068-468A-B6C6-8D2584CAA3EA.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Damn! That is beautiful. Mine sleeps in an old commercial chicken barn, no lie. It is cheap, though.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Barely fits in my garage 😃

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That looks awesome, congratulations on a great job. I like the storage attic above!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice.... anything that keeps it out of the weather is a good thing!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine stays in our garage when not in use, this is why my boat is in perfect shape for being 10 years old. It's a PIA to get it in and out and this is why I'm considering a new boat that has a tower that's easy to drop and can be backed into my garage using my truck and not my back.

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I looked into storage options and covered or enclosed is expansive out here. I’ll recover what I paid to build this in about 18 months. Plus it’s at home, and it’s added equity.

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That looks awesome, congratulations on a great job. I like the storage attic above!
Thanks, the pic was before I got the attic ladder installed.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gunghoe9 I really like it. I was considering putting in a garage just for the boat, something just a bit bigger than a single garage, at least wider, with a 9' door. I like what you did without the sides alot and the attic storage. Thinking of doing something this fall. Not sure if I could go without sides where I live though, city is kind of snippy about stuff around here. Looks fantastic.

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good lord. That looks fantastic! Well done. Mine sleeps in a rental unit 2 hours from home so no real time for winter mods. :-(

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My boat is in a dry stack during the season and heated indoor storage in the off season......in Wisconsin most of the year is “off season”....... :)

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Gunghoe9 I really like it. I was considering putting in a garage just for the boat, something just a bit bigger than a single garage, at least wider, with a 9' door. I like what you did without the sides alot and the attic storage. Thinking of doing something this fall. Not sure if I could go without sides where I live though, city is kind of snippy about stuff around here. Looks fantastic.
Thanks. I live on about 7 acres, and we don’t need any permits for something like this as long as it’s under 400 sqft. I am still open to pouring a slab and framing in walls and a door, but will live with it like this for a while.

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good lord. That looks fantastic! Well done. Mine sleeps in a rental unit 2 hours from home so no real time for winter mods. :-(
Thanks. That was part of the consideration; lucky enough to have the space to keep it close.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting, could you send me the dimensions roughly? I don't need a permit either if it is under 400 sq. ft as well. I guess my only thing is that I live in Michigan and I kind of wanted a place to work on the boat and mods during the winter, but without a garage door and sides I would save a ton of money.

Also what is the height? Wondering if it is tall enough to put the boat under with a tower up?

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! VERY nice work!

I've got a 15x40 storage unit 5 miles up the road. I pay something like $140/mo. That includes a 15 amp circuit so that I can leave my battery charger plugged in. It's got a 12x12 garage door on it and 20' of ceiling height in the middle (still thinking of building a loft in there).

I keep both boats in there and all my seasonal stuff (mowers, snow thrower, shovels, Christmas Lights and Lawn Ornaments, etc). All boat-work (that doesn't need a water source) gets done up there. It's warm (hot) but it's out of the frigging sun.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biglar155 That is a great price. No chance around here for that type of storage. Indoor storage that is big enough for boat with tower folded and electricity, no heat, is between $400 and $500 per month. Ridiculous. Add another $100 or so to get it heated. Storage is crazy around here. I would love to move out towards the country but the Admiral won't have it.

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Interesting, could you send me the dimensions roughly? I don't need a permit either if it is under 400 sq. ft as well. I guess my only thing is that I live in Michigan and I kind of wanted a place to work on the boat and mods during the winter, but without a garage door and sides I would save a ton of money.

Also what is the height? Wondering if it is tall enough to put the boat under with a tower up?
The area between the posts is 14’ x 24’ x 11’ tall (yes it clears easily with my tower kept up). With the roof overhang, it covers about 16’ x 27’. All in with trim out and details, I’ll be under $5k. The only thing that I didn’t do myself was the roofing shingles; I didn’t want to be up there on the 10-12 pitch roof doing that, it was $300 in labor well spent in my opinion. 😂

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow! VERY nice work!

I've got a 15x40 storage unit 5 miles up the road. I pay something like $140/mo. That includes a 15 amp circuit so that I can leave my battery charger plugged in. It's got a 12x12 garage door on it and 20' of ceiling height in the middle (still thinking of building a loft in there).

I keep both boats in there and all my seasonal stuff (mowers, snow thrower, shovels, Christmas Lights and Lawn Ornaments, etc). All boat-work (that doesn't need a water source) gets done up there. It's warm (hot) but it's out of the frigging sun.
For that amount and space I would have jumped on that as well.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gunghoe9 I can do all the work, that price sounds fantastic. Was it a kit? Did you have plans that you purchased? Or did you just ad-hoc it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great looking! Nice to have the boat under cover for the white stuff.

Here is where ours stays:

garage1.jpg