• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where does your boat sleep?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
4th bay?
Expansion occurred a year later. 4th & 5th bay? Moved the carport from the driveway to the front of the property to cover the pontoon instead of the boat, then the camper showed up, so the carport was modified, and the driveway width entering from the street increased to 16'
I'm done...!!! :winkingthumbsup" just need time to use all this stuff.

IMG_7906.JPG

2019 Driveway  (5).JPG

IMG_5035.JPG

Last edited:

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine sleeps on a covered boat lift from spring to fall, finally having a 30’x45’ pole barn built up at the lake house this fall. It’s going to be parallel to the long driveway with (2) 12’ tall by 16’ wide doors on either end for drive through access. Been dreaming about that for over two years now, can’t wait.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Na...I am envious of your concrete floor and I assume heated space. And that Beetle caught my eye. Do tell!
yep wood heat and getting ready to put insulation up on the walls.

Bug is a 67. Doing a frame off restore in my spare time with no deadlines. Has a drop front end, custom filler panels, disc brakes, and going to have a true air cooled 2110 turbo stroker motor with gen 4 efi from CB Performance. That is what is going to fill some of my time this winter.

20200724_200012.jpg

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ours hibernates in one of our barns.

View attachment 130264
Holy $4!@ @ zipper that's not a barn, That's almost bigger than the Bill's practice stadium!

Mine sleeps outdoors under the stars. Mooring cover in front of the house during the boating season (... To accommodate the neighbors) and 4 plastic tarps over the mooring cover in the back yard off season.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
yep wood heat and getting ready to put insulation up on the walls.

Bug is a 67. Doing a frame off restore in my spare time with no deadlines. Has a drop front end, custom filler panels, disc brakes, and going to have a true air cooled 2110 turbo stroker motor with gen 4 efi from CB Performance. That is what is going to fill some of my time this winter.

View attachment 130361
Love it!! Learned how to work cars working on VW's and Porsche in the 70's. My dad HAD an autocross killing machine...a Karman Ghia floor pan shortened 11", hand built fiberglass body with a custom suspension he machined at IBM. Powered by a Porsche 356 with a shaved flywheel and an engine with a 12:1 compression ratio. Later we/he rebuilt his 1966 912.

20200815_093330.jpg

And I have owned this since I bought it from the showroom floor in 83. Needs some TLC.
Rode hard, put away wet.

20200815_082702.jpg
83 GTI, punched out, decked, 1.9l, 10.5:1 CR w/ a knock sensor ignition from an 86. 135hp up from 90 stock. Lowered, stiffened with a set of 50 series Yokahama A008. Was a lot of fun until an oversteer event in 89, put her it the barn. I need to make time to restore.

Last edited:

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good morning, When my new boat arrives I will be keeping at my slip on a hoist, I was wondering how I would get to the plugs? Is it possible to reach under the rear platform?
The plugs are accessible in the upper part of the transom, so I just hop on the lower part from the dock to put the in. No problem. Of course it’s easy to do if you lower the boat a little first.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Love it!! Learned how to work cars working on VW's and Porsche in the 70's. My dad HAD an autocross killing machine...a Karman Ghia floor pan shortened 11", hand built fiberglass body with a custom suspension he machined at IBM. Powered by a Porsche 356 with a shaved flywheel and an engine with a 12:1 compression ratio. Later we/he rebuilt his 1966 912.

View attachment 130392

And I have owned this since I bought it from the showroom floor in 83. Needs some TLC.
Rode hard, put away wet.

View attachment 130382
83 GTI, punched out, decked, 1.9l, 10.5:1 CR w/ a knock sensor ignition from an 86. 135hp up from 90 stock. Lowered, stiffened with a set of 50 series Yokahama A008. Was a lot of fun until an oversteer event in 89, put her it the barn. I need to make time to restore.
The lee boys are also VAG men:
dad

Son 1 (unicorn manual AWD)

son 2

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I have a shop that I share with my brother. The boat takes up a bit of room, but we're putting a 24x40 carport next to the shop and I only have it in there for some maintenance today. My brother and I have several different Mercedes we wrench on and that's the 1966 Land Rover Series IIa from Delta Force 2 in the background. New frame and a Gen IV LS V8 under the bonnet!

Attachments

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral