• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where does your boat sleep?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some of y’all have some really nice property to store your boats!

Ours sleeps in an enclosed storage unit. I need to get down there in the winter to do some wood framing so I can hang boards and stuff to keep it off the floor. I’m just glad the boat is out of the elements and we don’t have to deal with tower height concerns. I’ve never lowered my tower once since buying the boat and that has been GREAT compared to when I was stowing the AR192 in my garage.

B50BA199-B47A-4093-B1C6-28D4138FF643.jpeg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some of y’all have some really nice property to store your boats!

Ours sleeps in an enclosed storage unit. I need to get down there in the winter to do some wood framing so I can hang boards and stuff to keep it off the floor. I’m just glad the boat is out of the elements and we don’t have to deal with tower height concerns. I’ve never lowered my tower once since buying the boat and that has been GREAT compared to when I was stowing the AR192 in my garage.

View attachment 137905
That’s a nice setup, tons of space. Anything like that here is several hundred a month and on a wait list forever.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s a nice setup, tons of space. Anything like that here is several hundred a month and on a wait list forever.
That's what I thought, too, NICE. I'm envious as heck, @haknslash !
Where I live, that space would be available for rent as a 3-bedroom condo conversion, lol.

--

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
See ya in the spring..family barn an hour away..
03D0530E-9E89-4551-B4CF-86DCAB860B7F.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same up here. @haknslash level storage would easily be $300+/mo locally. You can find some gravel floored, no garage door storage areas near the lakes for around $100/mo, but that's about it.

I've always said if I had some spare land and a few extra bucks I could make a fortune selling space to store RVs and Boats.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Still waiting to have our Pole Building built. Concrete is poured, building should be up be the end of the year. Luckily, we haven't had much snow up north yet this year, as our boat is still sitting outside at this point. Just got (4) Go-Jak Wheel Jacks delivered, so when the building is finished I can tuck the boat into the corner of the 30' by 45' Building. Mostly looking forward to the 12' Tall by 16' Wide Doors, so I don't have to deal with the Tower anymore!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2020-12-09.png
Two Yamaha boats, two Yamaha Waverunners, one Yamaha powered Tritoon, one Evinrude powered Pontoon, one Yamaha Moto-4, and the Yamaha Sleds are in the other shop. Yamaha golf cart is in the garage with my wife's vehicle, as my truck has to stay in the big shop.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have really been enjoying the space. I got mine for &150 a month while he was building more units. Pale in comparison to what I was paying for fuel in the truck and the wear and tow of long towing from my house. Added bonus is there is non-ethanol gas station a few hundred feet from my storage unit and the launch is only a few miles down the road. It has really allowed us to enjoy boating more effortlessly.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Boat stays on the lift year round but I pay my neighbor $250/yr to store my trailer.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat stays on the lift year round but I pay my neighbor $250/yr to store my trailer.
Isn't that funny. I stored a pile of trailers in my building this summer. And why? The damn mice! Every year that we put trailers near the woods, or in tall grass, the mice would go to down on the wiring.

Next spring, I am going to mow a clearing in the woods real short to store trailers on. Maybe shuffle them around a couple times per summer to keep the grass in check. But I guess, if we have the storage, may as well use it. Those tritoon and pontoon trailers are massive. I should stack them.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have really been enjoying the space. I got mine for &150 a month while he was building more units. Pale in comparison to what I was paying for fuel in the truck and the wear and tow of long towing from my house. Added bonus is there is non-ethanol gas station a few hundred feet from my storage unit and the launch is only a few miles down the road. It has really allowed us to enjoy boating more effortlessly.
Any issues with changing lakes?

We've debated on storing near our "home lake" a few times, but we use the boat in enough different water ways in different directions that we always sided against it. Do you guys always visit the same lake, or do you hop around much? How does the storage affect that travel if it happens?

For instance we might go Friday night on the Ohio River for a date night which is ~10mi NE from here. Saturday we might be on Patoka with friends which is ~45mi W of here. Then Sunday we might take my family out on Taylorsville, which is ~50 E of here. We've also made day trips to Rough River which is ~80mi SW, and Green River, which is ~100mi SE. We're all over the dang place, and the fear is that we would setup the boat for storage at Patoka, then would have to drive ~120min round trip to go get it before proceeding to another location.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Looks great. Mine will go in the garage we delivered in February/March 2021 (with luck). Good thing we went with a single door for our two car garage.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Now THAT's a garage!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat sleeps on an 10.5 foot wide by 12 foot long concrete pad I made next to the garage. I didn't want a continuation on the driveway. There is also a 2 x 2 pad for the tongue jack to sit on.
It has the appearance that it is just sitting on the grass. It gives a nice cleaner look.
I run the battery charging wires out from the garage side door. Works great for me
Screenshot_20201209-183431_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20201209-182800_Video Player.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any issues with changing lakes?

We've debated on storing near our "home lake" a few times, but we use the boat in enough different water ways in different directions that we always sided against it. Do you guys always visit the same lake, or do you hop around much? How does the storage affect that travel if it happens?

For instance we might go Friday night on the Ohio River for a date night which is ~10mi NE from here. Saturday we might be on Patoka with friends which is ~45mi W of here. Then Sunday we might take my family out on Taylorsville, which is ~50 E of here. We've also made day trips to Rough River which is ~80mi SW, and Green River, which is ~100mi SE. We're all over the dang place, and the fear is that we would setup the boat for storage at Patoka, then would have to drive ~120min round trip to go get it before proceeding to another location.
To be honest we don’t change lakes much. Maybe once a season we will go visit another lake but our home lake on Lake Martin has everything we look for. Places to eat, plenty of coves, large enough to change it up each weekend and not see the same thing etc.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
My boat sleeps on an 10.5 foot wide by 12 foot long concrete pad I made next to the garage. I didn't want a continuation on the driveway. There is also a 2 x 2 pad for the tongue jack to sit on.
It has the appearance that it is just sitting on the grass. It gives a nice cleaner look.
I run the battery charging wires out from the garage side door. Works great for me
View attachment 138422View attachment 138423
This is a fine residence good sir.