• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to find ST185/80R13 Trailer Tires

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know where to find tires online that actually have stock in this size?

Found a bubble on my original equipment Carlisle Bias-Plys this weekend. Had a spare handy, so I swapped that on. No big deal. Tread looks close to worn our, so I want to move to a radial tire, and I wouldn't mind getting a set of aluminum wheels. I can NOT find an online retailer that has these in stock. I was hoping to move to the Goodyear Endurance tires that everyone seems to like, but I can't figure out if they even have them in this size or not. Dad reccomends moving to an LT tire, of which I can only find ONE listed online, and Wal-Mart is currently out of stock.

I've read through 101 threads here, and aside from "radials are great" I can't find a good consensus of online vendors, make/model of tire, or any other set of details. Perhaps I'm overthinking it again and just need to call the local Big-O and get it done?

Anyone have any thoughts?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not a common size, at least not for the general trailer market. I sell trailers, and neither of my primary trailer parts suppliers even offer that size tire. I can get 175/80-13's, but not 180's. If you're looking at upgrading to aluminum rims, my suggestion would be to jump up to the 14" rims. Obviously pending a good check on clearance for your fenders, etc.... the 205/75-14 is a common tire, maybe it would fit...?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @dgfreeze

Figured Yamaha would put an oddball sized tire on here.

Do you sell/ship wheel tire combos? Would rather support a site member over a random website.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I appreciate that, but we don’t do much shipping, and the selection of rims isn’t what I would consider up to the current fashion standards. Lol, most of them have the prototypical 90’s feel to them. So unless that’s your style, I won’t be your best bet...😏

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I appreciate that, but we don’t do much shipping, and the selection of rims isn’t what I would consider up to the current fashion standards. Lol, most of them have the prototypical 90’s feel to them. So unless that’s your style, I won’t be your best bet...😏
Understood. Thanks for the advice. I'll look into a set of 14's.

Can't believe I'm considering a +1 size on a trailer :)

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you checked tires.com (Discount Tires).
They show 3 different tires in that size and they have locations in IN.
They have always treated me right at my local store.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Use this tire size calculator, and if you can find something with a larger rim, and less sidewall that still fits your fenders, you should be good to go, just be aware of your offset also. Go big or go home, man...😝

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1010tires.com will let you compare tire sizes.
I purchased Goodyear tires ST215/75R14 108N LR-D ENDURANCE BSW TL
Product Code #724-865-519-0
Just Tires, friend got me a deal on all 5) $503.11, I brought the rims in and they mounted them.
Owner at Just Tires recommended the Goodyear Endurance. He had to order them but it only took a few days.
Maybe info will help you in the correct direction

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@2kwik4u , I’m surprised you have 13” rims and tires on your boat trailer. I had stock tires on my 2010 MFI trailer and just replaced them with good years. The oem and new are 14” tires.

I have 13”s on my pwc twirler and bought load d rated tires capable of 65 mph from etrailer. Each tire and rim combo was around $100.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@dgfreeze I’m not sure if the wife or I bumped a curb (neither of us remember doing it), or if someone bumped us at the lake this weekend. But, I just noticed this tonight. It’s holding pressure ok. Is this something that I should have looked at before my 6 hour tow next week? Or, not worry about it?

front starboard side.

Thanks!

74E4E666-CB2C-43C0-BDAF-B8E4C4C4C0D8.jpeg

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol, shit happens... from the pic, it looks like it just bent the outer lip of the rim. The tire seals on the inside corner of the next “rib”, so to speak. I’d be more concerned about whether or not the tire has a bulge from torn cords. Assuming it doesn’t, I’d send it. But for a 6hr tow, I’d make sure my spare is ready for the unexpected. You could take a chunk of wood and a hammer, and see if it can be beaten back into shape, but I’ve seen rims with a lot more deformity that have been run for years like that. Just be careful to not let the wood (or other semi-solid non metallic bludgeoning device) slip off and gouge the tire when you hammer on the rim.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lol, shit happens... from the pic, it looks like it just bent the outer lip of the rim. The tire seals on the inside corner of the next “rib”, so to speak. I’d be more concerned about whether or not the tire has a bulge from torn cords. Assuming it doesn’t, I’d send it. But for a 6hr tow, I’d make sure my spare is ready for the unexpected. You could take a chunk of wood and a hammer, and see if it can be beaten back into shape, but I’ve seen rims with a lot more deformity that have been run for years like that. Just be careful to not let the wood (or other semi-solid non metallic bludgeoning device) slip off and gouge the tire when you hammer on the rim.
Sounds good! Thanks for the info!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Needing to replace my trailer tires, @2kwik4u what did you end up going with. Radial 13's or new rims with 14's
I ended up getting some radial 13's from the local Big-O. They are National RoadMax ST in a 185/80/13 size. Got two on the trailer and a spare mounted and balanced for under $200

Just completed about 1,300mile tow from Louisville, KY to Navarre, FL and back. They did great. Ran faster than I wanted (80-85mph) with a group on the way down, and had the boat loaded down with beach stuff and coolers and such, tires never broke 110degF as measured with an IR gun at fuel stops. They also roll WAY WAY easier in the garage as I position the boat by hand for storage.

Overall really happy with the upgrade from the bias ply to the radials.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I work for a John Deere dealer but we use Gallagher tire and got the radials from them last spring!