• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Where to get anodes?

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Where do you guys get your anodes? We boat mostly in fresh water, but dont know where to get our anodes. Is there a part number to look up?

I would like to know as well :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fresh water requires a magnesium anode, that is usually on the side of the pump right from the factory. The large square one on the left side of the pump.
People think it's zinc but it isn't.

@JWPrendergast I like www.partspak.com to do my first search for any part. From there I google the Yamaha part number to find the cheapest price, sometimes it www.partspak.com sometimes it is somewhere else. Partspak is based in Atlanta and they typically ship the next business day, so delivery to you in Florida should be quick.

For your anode search remember there are 3 on most Yamaha's boat but for some reason the parts diagrams only shows 2 for your 2013 212SS. I case you have a 3rd anode number 3 below is the intake duct part info for a 2013 SX240 which is the same part number as my 2007 SX230 so I would assume if you actually have a 3rd it would also be the same part number.

1 - on side of the jet pump, F1C-U7697-10-00 (item 11) http://www.partspak.com/productcart...LM_(2013_BOAT)/JET_UNIT_3_(XAT1800CLM_-_2013)
2 - in the engine block, 68V-11325-02-00 (item 10) http://www.partspak.com/productcart...CLM_(2013_BOAT)/CRANKCASE_(XAT1800CLM_-_2013)
3 - on the intake duct, F0K-U7697-00-00 (item 25 & 29) http://www.partspak.com/productcart...0DM_(2013_BOAT)/JET_UNIT_3_(SXT1800DM_-_2013)

I ordered a set from powersedge.com a month ago. Still havent received it. Turns out, they had a fire that burned down their main warehouse.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC, youre positive they arent zinc from the factory?

yes take one off and see for yourself, the back has a sticker saying so but even without the sticker the weight or lack thereof is a dead giveaway.

Anyone else find anything on boatzincs.com or other site - looking for ZINC bar for jet units for salt water- I think all the OEM ones are magnesium... thanks!

Thanks for that link - It does seem illogical to go with aluminum anodes for aluminum parts - but probably best for saltwater :)

Yeah, I have a 2005 ar230 - I will be tapping the jetdrive where the newer boats put the block anodes on the sides of the jet drive. This one will fit the 3.25" center to center mounting spot: http://www.boatzincs.com/mini-divers-dream-alum.html

UPDATE: That anode was way too big to clear turning parts on outdrive. I basically had to cut a strip down each side - You can order just one to cut both strips from if you have a good metal cutoff wheel and then just drill your mounting holes.

The bad part is you have to remove jetdrive unit to drill and tap upper mounting flange (on a 2005 ar230)

Last edited:
Back