• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which do you put more time and effort into, boats or cars? Why?

Which do you put more time and effort into, your boat or car, and why?

• Total voters

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Depends on what's broken, or how broken it is. My 2002 mustang has a header leak at the collector, but it's not a huge issue. It's got every part mm makes and a kb blower. My 06 rubicon on 35s has a leaky rear main seal and rear axle seal leak. My excursion needs new shocks. My crown vic needs new rear control arms. My boats got a hurt engine, but I'm working on the river house to raise up the boat shelter! The boat is next.
You're like me. Too much to do too little time

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're like me. Too much to do too little time
Yeah for sure. I didn't mention the 1000sqft+ work shop I started 3 years ago exactly that is only 90% done and still doesn't have a car lift installed, or the waverunner I was gonna swap into the boat but it started dropping a cylinder sometimes. I'm off to the river this weekend for fun with the family, then of to Lake Powell for 5 nights after Christmas. We're gonna rent a boat and freeze or assess off, but it will be fun! Until then is only nights were I can get a couple hours in. I need like 5 years off work and family to get everything done!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't cared about cars since I was a teenager. Working as a automotive mechanic for a number of years had destroyed my enthusiasm. Now I play with mountain bikes, motorcycles, jet skis, and boats. The car is just an accessory to make those things possible.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably about equal. I love my Corvettes, one is an endless list of things to do, but recently the boat has taken the attention.

Though it seems like i may be acquiring a mini cooper s that also needs some attention.

Englert1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Both..I love all my toys. I always go with the thought of treat your cars, boats, other toys as you would a woman. Treat her bad and she will be bad to you. Treat her with love and attention and she will return 10 fold in return.
Same!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love my cars...Corvette gets attention all the time to keep it clean and dust free. My Jeep is my Overlanding rig and I love working on it. About to sell my Jeep and build an Overlanding Beast with a PowerWagon. I'm sure the boat, which is new to me, not yet picked up, will get the same attention. I love working on this kind of stuff.