• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

which grill for boat?

Wasn't really looking for charcoal.
propane seems more portable.

The bus uses propane, as would if used in the boat, so no conversion needed, I have a grill or two at the house and don't hardly ever use my gasser anymore.

you guys suck, really.

I have managed to get away with using other people's grills all these years.

My wife brought up the subject of using one of our grills on the boat numerous times....I'd tell her, "Oh, they are messy or where would we put it?" She'd usually drop the subject after a while.

Thanks to her we have about 5 grills....one in the toyhauler, one for tailgating, one for camping - no make that two for camping, one propane and one other, one on the patio and another..well, I guess you could call it back-up.

Now I see this Kuuma model...it looks pretty good for the price! One of my buddies uses a Magma and another has a SS infrared (actually two of them - he burned one up!)
My wife would grow very impatient waiting for her food to cook and she'd give me the look...you all know "The Look".

Now I'm guessing there will be a grill on the boat this season.

So I'll just sit back and wait for you guys to tell me which one to buy.

Thanks.

A whole friggin lot.

:cool:

(Oh, and don't get me started on the EGG.....Bruce, you know you planted that seed a while back...I just ain't watered it yet)

In response to the "egg mod" for the boat or bus, too much weight IMO, plus, the mini egg is direct cook only, not indirect, and the small is just too small for that IMO. Part of the desire is not only useable, but also convenient. The magma that you have @Bruce looks just about right. However the larger units might work well on the bus, just too much for the boat. My grill would not live on the boat however, more than likely on the bus and used on the boat when desired...which might not be often at all.

The bus uses propane, as would if used in the boat, so no conversion needed, I have a grill or two at the house and don't hardly ever use my gasser anymore.

That part replaces the regulator and control valve so you can hook it up to your bus propane supply. It is a quick connect. You can leave it connected the bus and quick connect the 1lb bottle regulator to grill on the boat.

@Glassman , @Bruce has an electric smoker, he isn't an egger. But he makes a mean ham! And it works as well on the egg as on his electric! But I am wondering about this Traeger pellet grill/smoker. You set the temp you want the dome on the dial, and you can monitor it as well as the meat temp on the panel. The grill electrically feeds real hardwood pellets to the grill at an amount to regulate the dome temp at what your asking for. The owner of Lawnland in Denton sells Eggs and Traegers...he owns a Traeger I am told. I want to know why...

Coleman propane grill and storage bag at target or Walmart for less than $100 is what I use. The magma level lock I mount it on costs almost as much as the grill but it fits in every compartment but the anchor locker, cleans up easy and has a lot of grilling surface area.

@Glassman , @Bruce has an electric smoker, he isn't an egger. But he makes a mean ham! And it works as well on the egg as on his electric! But I am wondering about this Traeger pellet grill/smoker. You set the temp you want the dome on the dial, and you can monitor it as well as the meat temp on the panel. The grill electrically feeds real hardwood pellets to the grill at an amount to regulate the dome temp at what your asking for. The owner of Lawnland in Denton sells Eggs and Traegers...he owns a Traeger I am told. I want to know why...

That's right, my apologies Bruce - maybe it was the refrigerator he got me going on?

Mel - YOU were the one who started me on the Egg. Now it's all coming back to me. I forgot to remember!

I swear I can't keep up with all y'all. o_O

I just ordered this for a prep surface..

71DGZSI4ABL._SL1500_.jpg

;)Looks like a fish fillet station to me

Dual Purpose! ;)

@Ronnie
we use a coleman STOVE right now and it really doesn't do very good because there is no grate or anything so you need to use a thick pan to distribute any kinda heat.
time for an actual grill.
I am leaning towards the cheaper kuuma just because by the time I buy a magma I end up spending 2-3 times as much. It's compact enough to fit under a seat and it should do the job even if it tarnishes a bit.

@ speeding, I would definitely go for a grill over a stove. I have a Coleman grill and a grill/stove combo (I think my crew wanted hot water), I still use the grill more because of the larger surface area.

@kthrash , that's the same filet table I have. Watch out, if you put it away wet or dirty it develops mold quickly.

No love for the little weber q? I used it the last two boating seasons. Also bought the stand for it, for at the beach and at home. Would be a good option for an rv also I think. The cast iron grill surface sold me. Really helps keep temps steady on a windy day.

My experience with an infrared grill left me regretting my purchase. We replaced our BBQ year before last with a charbroil infrared. The food seemed to taste more "fried" in my opinion than actually bbq'ed. On the grill we had (got rid of it this spring because the grates rusted horribly) the flame never touched the meat unlike a traditional propane grill. Meat just didn't taste the same to me cooked on it and we went back to a traditional propane grill with standard grates. I like the smoked/ caramelized taste, none of that on our infrared. I'm certainly not knocking anyone's purchase, I just prefer the taste of the traditional propane grill with standard grates. I will say that the infrared cooks much quicker, we just didn't care for it.

I don't think this is a true infrared. After using it tonight I think it cooks more like a propane grill than my infrared Viking. It also did not get as hot as others state magma does. Was pretty easy to cook on. image.jpg

Back