• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Stoltz roller do you have?

CTC386

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I've ordered my 2014 AR190 and have read that the roller should definitely be replaced. Any input on which one works best / fits? I'd like to have this before we get the boat.

Thanks for the help.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The four inch works for the MRI trailers but I remember that guys had to shave off a bit for the shorelanders. I am sure someone will chime in. I had the same one as carterA on my 210 but got the stoltz on my 240.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SO I have a 2013 242LS, Which trailer do I have? its galvanized, my bow roller is scratching up my bow like crazy. Best roller to buy? Thanks for the help.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ok My trailer is a shorlander just found the sticker. Still wondering if anyone can tell me which Bow roller to buy? Preferable one I don't have to modify. Anyone??

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the shorelander as well and purchased the 4". It doesn't fit. I was planning on bending the forks this season and trying again or maybe just shaving off some. It's only about a 1/4" too large.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just measure the width of your current roller. New rollers are sold by size (width).

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just measure the width of your current roller. New rollers are sold by size (width).
That's what I did. It's the measurement between the "forks" I believe. So it sounds like it's a bit narrower that the 4" one according to skysurfer. I'd probably try to just shave-off or grind a bit off of the 4" one.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You CAN over tighten these and cause it to not roll. Tighten them enough to secure the nylon locknut and still leave enough play that it rolls freely.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yea I did measure. 3 3/4", thats why I was asking cause everything I saw was 4". I guess they don't sell that size so I will be buying the 4" and sliming it down.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Like others I got the 4 inch for my Shorelander and the center roller didnt fit. The outside rolls fit and I feel they are the ones that prevent more of the damage.

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dumb question... what is the benefit of the Stolz roller over the stock one? I know mod's are cool, but I at least should find out a reason to buy and complete the swap of rollers.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes the stock one is very Hard. I have buffed the bow area twice now, and am afraid if I do it anymore I will be going through the color. So, hoping for a softer Bow roller to keep the scratching to a minimum.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Evil Sports, so are you going to change yours out? that looks worse than mine did before I buffed it. I want to replace mine the next time I take the boat out. Went to Academy today but they were out of the 4" rollers.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I changed out the outer rollers cause they fit, left the center piece for now till I figure out how to get it to fit.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is this an issue on '13 models with shorelander trailers? I guess I assumed it was an issue on the older models..