• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Stoltz roller do you have?

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've not noticed any issues on our boat with scuffing around the roller is why I ask. I'll check it out good when it comes out of winterization.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
mine is a 13 shorelander and the bow roller is hard as a rock scratched the heck out of my boat. I was able to buff 90% of them out. but need to change out the roller so it doesn't happen again.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I went with the 4" on the EZ Loader galvanized trailer and it fit perfectly

Pfitzuscg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just put a 4" stoltz on a 2013 Shoreland'r trailer for a sx210. Had to shave off about 1/8" on either side of the center piece. Used a miter saw and then filed off any rough pieces. Only took a few minutes and is a nice upgrade over stock roller.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the 4 in Stolz in my hand ... and it appears on the 2013 Canadian Shorelandr trailer for the sx190 the Stolz centre roller needs to be reduced in size to fit...

MY QUESTION is, with the Stolz roller only the very tip of the bow rests against the centre roller... the "side" roller angle does not match the angle of the bow of the boat. Is this an issue?

I would have to shave out the centre portion of the centre roller about 3/4 in. all around to have the bow seat ALONG the angle of the rollers... or are they just guide assistance?

The scuff marks from the original box roller are terrible... adding to the list of repairs for the dealer UNDER warranty.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just installed the 4" on my trailer and here's what I noticed after loading the boat... The orig. roller sides had no give to them what-so-ever, and that's what caused the scratched for me. After putting the Stoltz on, the side rollers bend/give more when the bow is fully snugged up to the roller. So there is more 'deforming' of the new roller than the orig., but I think that's good since they really are just a guide and the Stolz material is so much softer.

I had to trim mine about 1/8"-1/4" on each side to make it fit on my trailer as well, but that was easy to do with a miter saw. It does make a mess when cutting it since the material melts a bit and then hardens again wherever it gets stuck to in the saw.

Now why Shorelandr doesn't put a better roller on in the first place is beyond me, maybe they expect the trailer to be used for aluminum boats or something...

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bent the forks out on my shorlandr. It's a 13 and it didn't take much at all. I bought the 4" Stoltz and am very happy with it. I used the old bolt from the old roller to bend the forks out a little. It doesn't freewheel spin but will spin with a little pressure.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just bent mine out too and the 4" fit fine.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm trying to order a stoltz 4" for the galvanized shorelander trailer. Anyone have a part # on the one that fits?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Kelso
4" Stoltz Bow Roller#26467
4" Stoltz Ultimate #34908

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Kelso
4" Stoltz Bow Roller#26467
4" Stoltz Ultimate #34908
Well one question leads to more questions........ What is the difference between the regular and ultimate?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well one question leads to more questions........ What is the difference between the regular and ultimate?
I believe the regular is just the 4" center portion. The ultimate includes the wings .

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Damn, Amazon has the 4" Ultimate for $50. Based on what I've read here that seems really high.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I'm the only guy in the world with the regular MFI roller for 6+ years.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn, Amazon has the 4" Ultimate for $50. Based on what I've read here that seems really high.
I was shopping for one yesterday. West Marine has it for $40 with free shipping. I may try the $13 option from Academy that looks similar and makes the same claims.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The academy one isn't as good @Bruce I had it on the 210 and removed it in favor of a stoltz. Just buy the stoltz first, trust me.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I ordered the 4" Ultimate from Overtons for $39 w/ free shipping.

On our boat it doesn't seem to be scuffs so much as it seems the bow stop is leaving a rubbery residue on the bow. Maybe it is scuffed under that, I dunno. In any case I'm going with the crowd erring on the safe side. The stock bow stop roller is deformed and is hard to rotate, granted I have not tried to loosen it, but is is pretty rigid and deformed.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I guess I'm the only guy in the world with the regular MFI roller for 6+ years.
Ha Ha... @scokill , your not alone! LOL, the old black bow roller that some complained about never marred my boat in all the years I had it. So I never changed it. And I don't think that @DawgDaze and @Suchawittygal have changed it since they bought the Nauti Dawg either. But the Shorelandr trailer, at least in 2012, came with a poly roller that is abrasive as hell! And in one launch, I had scuff that I could not buff out without using compound and polish. All the polish I had on hand was a mild abrasive, so it wouldn't cut it and Phil Dill is going to buff it. William in the service department there, told me that they change all of those poly rollers to a non marring roller, not the Stolz, but a non marring roller. Your good with the black roller IMO scokill! But some of those can be tightened too much and pinch the roller, and then it can scuff the bow. This falls into the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" categories!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is good to note here...the bow shape of the 240 will deform even the stolz side rollers if it sets any time at all. Because to be fully on the trailer and secure, the side wing rollers are going to be mashed wider and that will eventually cause the shape to deform. That still isn't going to harm your boat. Now the poly roller or maybe some others...all bets are off. I have the stock poly roller and it had indentations where the bow eye bolt rode against it, and the wings are still deformed sitting on the shelf in the barn. That thing is hard plastic and will certainly scratch the boat...it scratched mine. Call it what you will, scuff, scratch, marring...it penetrated the gelcoat and can't be wiped off.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The black roller on my MFI trailer has not scratched my boat either. But the outside edges are crushed in and deformed so I feel that it is time for a replacement.

Top Bottom