• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bigger Stoltz bow roller help

PlaneDriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I need some help, I bough the Stoltz bow roller kit for my 2024 195S and the middle roller parts is a little bit bigger than the OEM one. I was wondering if I can just bend the metal pieces outward to try to make it fit or if I should just get the smaller one.
The model I got is the RP-414
I talked to the vendor and they think I can bend it to make it fit but might as well get more input from the forum pros 😁

IMG_1699.jpeg
IMG_1701.jpegIMG_1700.jpeg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve read about people bending the metal mounts. I have a different style but I cut my roller down a bit on a miter saw for wood and it went fine.

PlaneDriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’ve read about people bending the metal mounts. I have a different style but I cut my roller down a bit on a miter saw for wood and it went fine.
Might have to try the cutting 🤔

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s been a couple years so I don’t fully remember but I think I just clamped it the best I could and went very slow to not melt it.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had originally bought a 4' when I needed a 3 1/2". I cut the roller down after one use as it wouldn't roll which is a big deal for your gel coat. I have since replaced it with the proper one but cutting will work just fine.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alternative solution is to belt sand it. It won't take long with some 80 grit. Yes, bending the ears will work, but if it's too much, it will rub and gouge itself. The "early days", they either didn't have a correct size, or nobody on the forums knew what it was. There's many options that Stoltz has now, and better solutions that others have found, but I think that's the correct shape for the 19 footers.

If you bought it at a brick & mortar, I'd search around here for what others have found, and then see if they have that # and swap it. If you don't want to wait, I'd take a sander to it - the final result should be pretty clean (other than the mess from sanding).