• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which to buy: sx192 vs sx195

tonyvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a 2016 192 with the articulating rudder and it does fine for low speed. It recovers fairly well stock IMO.

195 takes premium only where as you can run 87 in the 192. Where I live that's a 30 cents per gallon increase at the pump which would add up. For me the biggest thing I wished I had from the 195 is the 160mm pump as I think that adds a bigger advantage than the larger supercharger wheel. With the 192 you will likely want to upgrade and get the SVHO intercooler or aftermarket intercooler to deal with the heat soak at some point. Most of us paid around $150-200 for the SVHO intercooler so it's not that expensive of a fix for the heat soak.

I know you're looking at SX but a tower does help in all sorts of ways. Resale, water sports, speaker and light mounting options, looks, serves as a nice towel hanging rack lol, etc. I prefer the towers than the larger Bimini with straps.
Yeah, I originally was considering an AR190, but I don't think it will fit in my garage with the tower down (door is exactly 7' high), so then I started thinking I'd go with the SX and step up to the 195. I love the look of the newer towers, I just don't think it will fit in the garage.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My garage is just shy of 7' (83" to be exact) and if you remove the tower stop washers it allows the tower to sit inside the boat giving you the same garage height as an SX. I have a video on here showing you how to remove the washers. This is for the newer forward swept tower.

Edit - here's the video

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I can't agree more, get a tower! Even if it is just for looks or tying a fender on for docking. You will not regret the tower.

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To me that is an easy choice. Get the 192 and spend less than 500 on fins, intercooler, and seadek. Don't take the depreciation hit and you'll be happy. My intercooler is currently in the mail so I don't speak from personal experience, but I know from everyone else's testimonials that it makes it a different boat. Good luck.

tonyvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My garage is just shy of 7' (83" to be exact) and if you remove the tower stop washers it allows the tower to sit inside the boat giving you the same garage height as an SX. I have a video on here showing you how to remove the washers. This is for the newer forward swept tower.

Edit - here's the video

That's a great video. I like your narrative "flow". Something about when you started talking about door height and then just said, "I'm not going to say anything"; I thought that was kinda funny. This choice is getting tougher. I would definitely like the tower, but not sure I want to deal with it.

What holds those washers on to the end of the cable?

tonyvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@everyone
Some great advice on this site. I've never posted to a forum before and the one take-away I have is that this is an awesome community with a lot of passion for these boats. Still not sure what I'm going to do, but I know I'm looking at the right boats based on the existence of, and participation on this site.

Thank you!

tonyvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
To me that is an easy choice. Get the 192 and spend less than 500 on fins, intercooler, and seadek. Don't take the depreciation hit and you'll be happy. My intercooler is currently in the mail so I don't speak from personal experience, but I know from everyone else's testimonials that it makes it a different boat. Good luck.
@SAGERFLY - Thanks, I'm really starting to think the depreciation might outweigh all else. I'm only putting $5k down and the new boat financing I was considering is for FIFTEEN YEARS. Payments would be dirt cheap, but I wouldn't be able to sell it any time soon without loosing a bunch of money. That is, unless, the 195s hold their value better (which I kind of think they might considering all of the improvements). Maybe I go 192, keep it for a few years, and if things get serious buy a used 2017 AR210 after someone else has taken the depreciation hit.

tonyvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can't agree more, get a tower! Even if it is just for looks or tying a fender on for docking. You will not regret the tower.
I know I'd like the tower and many of you seem to agree on that. Any thoughts on the after market towers?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a great video. I like your narrative "flow". Something about when you started talking about door height and then just said, "I'm not going to say anything"; I thought that was kinda funny. This choice is getting tougher. I would definitely like the tower, but not sure I want to deal with it.

What holds those washers on to the end of the cable?
Nuts are what hold the washers on the threaded end of the cable.

You can extend the cables by adding in a 1" hex spacer, bolt, nuts and washers. This basically allows you to adjust the tower and let it stop just above the steering wheel.

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
For the price difference, get the192. Like others have said, get an AR variant.

However, if money isn't an issue, get your "upgrade" now. Get any of the yamaha 242s with a stock tower.

19 footers are small. It'll get cramped with a couple of kids.