• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which way does yours fold?

David Decker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was trying to figure out the anchor light on my new 242 today. The zippered access flap in the bimini is on the starboard side, but my light was folded (and zip-tied down, actually) to port. Here's a view looking toward the stern:

anchor1.jpg

Well, it is extremely hard to reach the light on the port side through the flap on the starboard side. So that made me think maybe it would just fold over to starboard. Nope -- it doesn't go down all the way - it sort of halfway folds down, but not flat against the solar panel.

So then I thought, OK... I'm going to find some stock Yamaha pics to see which way it folds, and I find lots of stock pics folding flat BOTH ways (see below).
anchor2.jpg
anchor5.jpg
I also found pics of new boats without the anchor light at all:
anchor4.jpg

All this leaves me wondering, is mine installed backwards (maybe by the dealer?) or is there some other trick to get it to fold flat on either side?

Attachments

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, I am really not impressed by that anchor light. I can't believe Yamaha didn't do something more fixed like the tow point lights that @jeremy0011 developed. Nobody wants to have to fold that thing up and down...

I know, it has to fold up to be seen over the back of the Bimini. I just would expect a better light from the factory. This isn't much better than the stupid pole light that came with my boat.

David Decker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just a quick update to say that my anchor light was installed backwards. I unscrewed the two mounting screws, rotated it by 180 degrees and reattached. Now the light folds properly to starboard and it is reachable through the access flap in the bimini.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's interesting. Mine was mounted to fold fore and aft. Going by the manual, I tried to raise it to from side mount to straight up and it broke. Pretty flimsy, but being mounted improperly didn't help!